AVIC411.com

Avic-D1 and Avic-F90BT compatibility of wires????

I currently have an Avic-D1 fully installed in my car, and I just bought the F90BT and was wondering if I can just take out the D1 and put the 90BT in without replacing any of the wires??

Meaning....is it the same exact harness and wires? Can I just unplug the D1 and plug the 90BT in and install the bluetooth cable and thats it?? or do I have to do something different??

Please let me know, I would really appreciate an answer!

You need to cut all the wires and re-crimp them to the new F-series harness. Its basically matching the colors. You will also need to swap the connectors on the end of the GPS antennas because they are not the same

Exactly till you get to the point about swapping the connectors on the GPS antenna. Just reroute the new antenna and remove the old one.

Thank you to all the replies. Regarding the GPS antenna, Im planning on selling my Avic-D1 and was gonna just add the f90bt antenna to the d1, that way I wouldn't have to remove the antenna. I most certainly don't wanna cut it either.

So basically: I need to disconnect the D1 harness and color match with the F90BT harness.

And on top of that I can either A) re-route the GPS antenna and put the F90 antenna in or B) I can just cut of the end of the connector of the D1 and attach the F90, but that would be bad since I am selling the D1.

Is all this correct, or did I miss something? Are there any other options??