AVIC411.com

Updating VR dictionary

You can turn that off. No need for an update unless you sync new songs or video to the iPod. The VR sync is there to update what you have on the pod. Read the manual a bit and you will find covered.

Go to the settings menu and then choose AV Settings. You will see a box that says VR catalog mode. Click on it and then turn it off.

That's it. It will not update any longer unless you turn it back on.

There are a few threads here talking about it. You can search most information with a keyword or two if you need more info.

You can turn that off. No need for an update unless you sync new songs or video to the iPod. The VR sync is there to update what you have on the pod. Read the manual a bit and you will find covered.

Go to the settings menu and then choose AV Settings. You will see a box that says VR catalog mode. Click on it and then turn it off.

That's it. It will not update any longer unless you turn it back on.

There are a few threads here talking about it. You can search most information with a keyword or two if you need more info.

I may be a newb to this forum, But im not new to the game. I know what and how to search. I did a quick one and didnt find exactly what i was looknig for so i posted.

Appreciate the information however. Thank you

I may be a newb to this forum, But im not new to the game. I know what and how to search. I did a quick one and didnt find exactly what i was looknig for so i posted.

Spending 10 minutes learning the unit and skimming through the provided settings will shed a lot of light for you. The VR options are in AV settings.

Spending 10 minutes learning the unit and skimming through the provided settings will shed a lot of light for you. The VR options are in AV settings.

amazing that the manual would hold that information. wow

Not really, no. That's actually what the purpose of the manual is - to enlighten purchasers about the particular item they purchased.

What IS amazing, is that you come on here asking a question that has been covered MANY times over, and would have been able to be answered by a very small amount of time and effort by using the search function. . .

YET, even after multiple posters answer the question for you, you can still repay them by giving smart-ass answers - THAT my friend, is amazing.

And sad.

Amazing you didn't take 10 minutes out of your day to read it.

Not really, no. That's actually what the purpose of the manual is - to enlighten purchasers about the particular item they purchased.

What IS amazing, is that you come on here asking a question that has been covered MANY times over, and would have been able to be answered by a very small amount of time and effort by using the search function. . .

YET, even after multiple posters answer the question for you, you can still repay them by giving smart-ass answers - THAT my friend, is amazing.

And sad.

you didnt have to respond

didnt quite feel like it. got the answer i needed right here thanks :-D

didnt quite feel like it. got the answer i needed right here thanks :-D

And I can bet this is the last time you will have that option, at least from me :D

I normally just let things go and consider the source, but you take the cake! The answers you received were courteous and simply suggested you take the time we did to read the manual and understand the product, search for answers and help yourself to become more knowledgeable. You chose to reply to our / my advice with contempt and disrespect. Ok fine, I could care less. Bottom line is you will now get exactly what you asked for. The search feature will now become your friend because you are loosing them here :mrgreen:

And I can bet this is the last time you will have that option, at least from me :D

I normally just let things go and consider the source, but you take the cake! The answers you received were courteous and simply suggested you take the time we did to read the manual and understand the product, search for answers and help yourself to become more knowledgeable. You chose to reply to our / my advice with contempt and disrespect. Ok fine, I could care less. Bottom line is you will now get exactly what you asked for. The search feature will now become your friend because you are loosing them here :mrgreen:

Don't waste your time, Sanke eyes, the guy's nothing more than a hotshot smartass. He'll probaby just have some stupid remark to this like he always does, and everyone will refuse to help him.

And sad.

you didnt have to respond

Yet, I did. One might call that. . .

Amazing! (This IS still America, where we have the right to free speech. So I chose to use it to inform you of what a douche you were. Deal.