AVIC411.com

Only a little time left - Should I get the f90bt or wait??

6ave is just silly. They have the F90BT listed for $1200. There are MANY reputable dealers on eBay selling new in box units for less than half that.

I'm waiting for my tax return to come in, and I'm getting one.

Actually they sell them for super cheap. Check their store on Amazon.

Also, they are authorized dealer for Pioneer.

Although the update corrected a lot of bugs, there still remains a considerable amount that results in tarnishing an otherwise great product. Just read peoples personal testimony on this site and you'll know what I'm talking about.

1. Trying to play video off the SD card is useless.

2. Blue tooth sucks.

3. The unit will Randomly reboot for no apparent reason.

4. There is no guarantee if you buy a USB stick following the spec's of the manual it will work with the unit, so be prepared to waste your money.

If you spend any considerable time in your car driving you will definitely experience these problems.

The kicker is that there is no indication that pioneer intends to do anything about these bugs. I bought my unit a month ago and if I could return it for a full refund I'd do it.

Everyone's experiences are subject to their own interpretation and preferences. As a recent F90BT owner, I offer the following:

-If I want to watch video, I stick in a DVD - works great

-Nav features are terrific

-MSN Direct works in my area and while it's not a huge bonus, it's a nice plus

-My unit has never rebooted

-Start times are reasonable...music plays off my iPod in about 20 seconds or less, full features another 20 seconds after that

-Screen display and overal UI is better than the other video head units IMO

-Price is reasonable: I would've paid alot more than what I got the F90BT for to get a video head unit DVD player, iPod interface, Bluetooth and Nav units, either separately or together.

-Customizability, while not "turnkey", is possible, and gives some flexibility for those motivated enough to do it.

I just bought a 90 after selling the 700. IMO it's the best unit I've ever owned, and I had a Z3 before the F series. Yes there are bugs here and there, but so much good outweighs the bad. The bluetooth is a hit or miss depending on your phone, personally mine works perfect, the Voice commands work perfect, the resolution is great, very user friendly, and the best part about it is it's customizable like sundance said. No other radio on the market can be hacked like this one. I'd buy it if I were you.

I havent had a chance to install it due to my car being at the dealership, But I will be happier with the 90. I bought it mainly for the Hi-volt preouts, so the MSN Direct and DVD player are nice plus's for me. Plus my dash piece is glossy so the matte finish never matched nicely.

In my truck the dash isnt glossy so its a perfect match!! Hope you have good luck with your 90!