AVIC411.com

Restarting/Reseting once i hit 16mph

I love my f90bt, i have updated to the 2.0 firmware and it was working fine for 2 months. The last few days it has been restarting as soon as it finds gps signal and i drive to at least 16.0 mph. After the reset the time is wrong and the av source is switched to off. I have tried the software bypass to set the parking brake speed higher but this has not worked (i have not bypassed this unit, it is hooked up to the parking brake, reverse signal and vss) Thanks for any help in advance

-Paul

Sounds like a crappy install to me! Let me guess, you did it yourself?

well i did install it myself, however, i installed the d1's and d3's many times before in my cars or friends cars. im pretty sure i know what i was doing.

but maybe i did something wrong. but what could it be? how could a installation cause the bluetooth not to connect? that has nothing to do w/ the install but the unit. and how could it affect my radar? they are 3 feet apart from any wiring from each other. my radar is hardwired into the roof, and the unit is in the bottom of the dash...

if you know how i could have messed up, please let me know...so i can fix it cuz i never installed the f90bt before

If it resets at 16mph, what happens at 88mph? ;)

My guess is something with the bypass code is causing it to reset.

ddonnik17, I have absolutely no idea how the AVIC could set off your radar detector. I would be more inclined to think the detector is just picking up airport/weather/automatic door scatter. Also, make sure your phone contact list does not have spaces or non-alphabetic characters, that will prevent contacts from working.

If it resets at 16mph, what happens at 88mph? ;)

My guess is something with the bypass code is causing it to reset.

ddonnik17, I have absolutely no idea how the AVIC could set off your radar detector. I would be more inclined to think the detector is just picking up airport/weather/automatic door scatter. Also, make sure your phone contact list does not have spaces or non-alphabetic characters, that will prevent contacts from working.

hey, im pretty sure its not airport/weather/or door scatters since they don't go off Ka band since that is 99% the police. also, ive had the radar for 3 years now and now where it goes off and where not. plus i then disconnected the unit, and drove the same route again, and it didn't go off even once.

what i think it might be is....when i had the avic d1, i had a whole bunch of aluminum insulation tape covering the heat box (since i got a e46 bmw, i had to custom cut the heat box to make room), but i also had black guerilla duc tape covering it.

this time, i re-did the heat box, but didn't put duc tape over it, and left it at the aluminum insulation tape. maybe that along w/ some magnetism in the unit could trigger the radar, i will try to cover it up w/ non metal tape.

that should work, right???

also, the bluetooth, its not that i can't transfer contacts, its that my unit won't pick up ANY bluetooth signal. i tried 4 diff. phones, and they even detect each other while im in the car, but the unit doesn't get any of them.

why?