AVIC411.com

Text to Speech not working on F700BT?

Hi All,

I had a question about Text to Speech. I bought the F700BT (came with fw 2.0) unit because it was supposed to have Text to Speech, however I have been using the system for a couple of long journeys, and it has not read any streets at all. Its very disappointing! Coming up on a corner, or an intersection, it will just say "Turn right" "Turn right" instead of actually pronouncing the street name. Has anyone else had this problem and figured out how to fix it? I am pretty sure its supposed to have TTS.

Thanks!

Hi All,

I had a question about Text to Speech. I bought the F700BT (came with fw 2.0) unit because it was supposed to have Text to Speech, however I have been using the system for a couple of long journeys, and it has not read any streets at all. Its very disappointing! Coming up on a corner, or an intersection, it will just say "Turn right" "Turn right" instead of actually pronouncing the street name. Has anyone else had this problem and figured out how to fix it? I am pretty sure its supposed to have TTS.

Thanks!

Obvious first thing to look at (well,other than reading the manual) is to check if you are using a TTS-enabled voice...

It's not a TTS thing. None of the voices work when a hacked data zip is used. Also, some of the buttons no longer ding when pressed. When the stock data zip is put back on, all voices and buttons performs fine.

I edited out the mute function on the hacked zip thinking that might cure the problem, but everything remains the same, just no mute button on the navigation screen. It must be something with the new firmware making it incompatible with the modified data zips posted here.

I think I am going to add each hack one at a time till I find the culprit.