AVIC411.com

Help! 2008 Mustang GT Check Security System

Well, I don't think it's related to the AVIC. The Mustang's don't have any kind of radio theft sensor.

Maybe the computer got confused from having the battery disconnected, or the RFID tag in your key is having issues. Have you tried another key?

I haven't tried another key but I can. Its kind of weird though, it only does it when I am making quick stops. It does it when I am shutting my car on and off in few minute intervals. Like going to several stores within a few minutes. If the car has been off for a while or go on a long drive, it doesn't do it.

Most Auto parts stores have OBD II tools and they will scan and reset your codes for free, places like Advance or Discount auto.... Another thing you can try, completely disconnect the battery and physically touch the Pos and Neg cables together. Not sure if it'll help with your issue or not, but it works for clearing hanging codes in some vehicles.

Thanks guys. To answer one question, No the car hasn't done this before install. I have tried disconnecting the battery and didn't see any difference. I have a SCT Tuner do not have access to it right now because of a relocation process right now. I will be able to get it back in a few days. I will let you guys no what I find.

• 14 years later...