AVIC411.com

Z! music download question

I am very close to purchasing a Z1 but need to know the real answer from you guys. I know I cannot download MP3s to the HDD and that they have to be music CDs, but can I download songs I have burned to CD from my MP3 collection, and will the unit add the correct info to it? I can burn CD's with info on it but will that copy?

Pioneer tech says it will download and attach the info from a CD burned with text, but there own web site says it will only download music CD's (store bought).

HELP PLEASE.
  • 2 months later...
[quote name="Gumiboy"] [quote name="dwhitley0381"]I have burned MP3's to a CD and it copied them with no problems... works great[/quote]

For those of us who are new to the game - how do you 'tag' the files so that the song titles and artists show up properly on the Z1?[/quote]

I believe the GraceNote DB will take care of this.
[quote name="Gumiboy"] [quote name="dwhitley0381"]I have burned MP3's to a CD and it copied them with no problems... works great[/quote]

For those of us who are new to the game - how do you 'tag' the files so that the song titles and artists show up properly on the Z1?[/quote]

I asked a similar question with wma files.

[url=http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3343&highlight=]http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic. ... highlight=[/url]

You just need to make sure they're tagged. Something about ID3 tags or something. I dunno...this stuff is greek to me. But my son also told me the answers in my thread are correct.