AVIC411.com

I just bought a USB Patriot Xporter 32GB Flash Drive to use with my F900, it works great when i plug it in but the F900 is alot slower accessing the drive then a SD card, but the problem is when I turn the vehichle off and turn it back on the F900 will not see that the flash drive is plugged in, I have to unplug the drive and plug it back in for the unit to see it again, pain in the butt, has anyone else had this problem??

Hmmm. I have a 700BT and I had an Patriot XT 16Gb drive and it was working just fine. Recently I upgraded to Patriot XT 32Gb and have the same problem as you. When I start my car I have to unplug flash drive and plug it back. I will call support on Monday to find out what's going on.

The only thing that is coming to my mind is that the drive is too big?!?!?!?!?

ya was thinking the same thing, i notcied when i start my truck up and the unit is starting up i can see the flash drive light coming on and the drive bieng accessed by the unit while it is booting up, but right before the unit gets through booting up, the light on the flsh drive goes out and then nothing, have to unplug it and plug it back in

I have another flash drive that is only 4 GB and it doesnt have this problem, so maybe it is the size of the drive itself

So I swap 32gb drive back for 16gb and everything is working great again. I'm not sure if there is an update for it, or is a settings to change but I have to disconnect 32gb drive each time I power the radio. I think manual says the the radio support up to 4gb drive. Anyway if you can exchange your drive for a smaller one.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all.

I have the AVICF500BT with the 2.0 upgrade.

I plugged in my 16Gig flash drive and all seemed OK.

When I turn it on after shutting off using the sleep type mode

the unit would only read one MP3 file per folder.

I would have to completely shut it off and reboot to get the song files back.

I realized the first of my folders had only one MP3 file in it.

The system must have not liked that.

When I moved the MP3 file info another larger folder it was fine.

post-29931-12872757243559_thumb.jpg