AVIC411.com

Building visibility dependant on settings in the color schem

Yeah I have 26 3DL and 28 3DC files (or the other way around) and one for each for IL. I am now in chicago, and there were no new buildings showing up. Soldier Field, the museum, John Hancock, something small in Millenium Park, and there was one other building. Thats all that showed up as I drove up Lakeshore drive. Should I be able to see more or do I need to drive down Michigan Ave or someplace else?

Maybe the set of building files I am using is not correct, its obviously missing some states for both landmarks and buildings. But I wasnt too worried as it had Michigan and Illinois covered, but it seems that they are not working, at least on my unit (F90BT). I'm at a loss, because the license files are there, and the SYS.TXT entries are there, buildings are enabled in the GUI, and my schemes all have the entries from this thread's first post. :?

What N-S-E-W said. May be try the attached one... AT least one of them should do :)

In Chicago youi should see buildings, generally, from Roscoe on the North to Chinatown South, and west to Damen or so...

license.rar

After doing a little research about the 3d buildings working on some color schemes but not in other, i found out that the problem is actually not the color schemes but a missing file on the unit. luckily, people was able to get the 3d buildings to show up with some color schemes like "JohnCougar1" because this color scheme includes an additional section that configures the "clip_planes" settings for the HP units. the problem is actually that the file "clip_planes" is missing from our data.zip....

In short: uncompress and copy the content of the attached file to the folder /ui_pioneer/common inside of the data.zip.... and presto! you will have 3dbuilding for all color schemes :D

clip_planes.zip

You can drop all of them in and let it sort them out :)

Well one of those worked! Thanks! Of course now it looks like I need to add yet another file, as was just posted about mine. :)

You wont need to add what forbitel posted since you already converted your schemes. If you add additional schemes than it may be worth a try. I converted several of mine as well.

After doing a little research about the 3d buildings working on some color schemes but not in other, i found out that the problem is actually not the color schemes but a missing file on the unit. luckily, people was able to get the 3d buildings to show up with some color schemes like "JohnCougar1" because this color scheme includes an additional section that configures the "clip_planes" settings for the HP units. the problem is actually that the file "clip_planes" is missing from our data.zip....

In short: uncompress and copy the content of the attached file to the folder /ui_pioneer/common inside of the data.zip.... and presto! you will have 3dbuilding for all color schemes :D

I noticed several of the settings in your file differ from what I posted from the JohnCougar1 scheme at the beginning of this thread. Do you know what the difference is?

Considering our units were only supposed to show landmarks, I guess the exemption of the clip planes file by Pioneer is not surprising. Looks like we have two ways to approach this.

It's same thing... Forbitel's addition of a separate clip_planes file will override any settings in a scheme, if they are there, and add them if they are not.

I tried what forbitel posted to see the differences since I have schemes with both the JohnCougar1 added clip planes and others without. What I've noticed was that the clip planes.ini file did not override what's in the schemes with the added clip planes. From the view angle I use I was able to see buildings at a further distance with Cougar settings. What I wound up doing was create a clip planes ini file based on the Cougar settings and changed the values for roadsign to read roadsign = 0,1,50,0,1000. Boris pointed out to me that when zooming out past a certain point the roadsigns would not show and suggested the values above. So far, so good.

Try each of the differant clip planes in a ini file and choose the one that works the best for your set up.