AVIC411.com

Backup Camera Switch Mod needed

I have a Z3 with a backup camera that working fine when I put the truck in reverse. I tow a 5th wheel so I mounted the camera on the back of the 5th wheel and it works fine when I put the truck in reverse. I want to tow a trailer behind the 5th wheel, I would like to have a switch in the truck to turn on the camera at will, so I can see the trailer while I'm driving down the road. Can you halp me with the mods I need to do in order for this to work?

Thanks for your help in advance...

Thanks garr..., that was easy. You seem very knowledgeable on the Z3's, maybe you can answer another question.

My Z3 version is 02.0000, I have the updated software that allows me to put in map information while driving and watch DVD's while driving. I would like to get the 3D update. What do I have to do to make this happen? I don't want to mess up the mods. or updates that I have now.

Your right it is a Z2 not a Z3. I know you have a service to install the software and mods. I don't need the larger drive or any data copied over. Is the upgrade available for me to load the new maps myself and/or do I have to purchase the new map software? Will I run into issues with the mods going away? I loaded the previous updates to the unit.

• 1 month later...

Ok I have a Z3 installed in my 2006 Trailblazer SS, and I used a Merta GMOS-04 Harness to tap in to the factory wiring.

My question is this I did the GMOS-04 Green/Purple wire to reverse signal from the Avic like it said in the instructions. I only have the camera in reverse, do I tap the reverse wire in to this same wiring or do I need to run a power lead from the Ignition to the camera? I curently hvae the camera tied to the back up light for signal.

I just don't want to short the headunit out or something crazy like that. I was even thinking about tapping in to the power antenna lead since it will be on only with the key?

Any ideas are welcome...

Mat

Oh ya this is a cool sight thanks in advance..

Your GMOS-04 Green/Purple to the reverse wire on the AVIC only tells the AVIC that you are in reverse, and to display the camera. (This is correct).

You wrote: "I curently hvae the camera tied to the back up light for signal."

This is the wrong part. The wire that you have tied to the back up light 'for signal' needs to get wired into a wire that is 12V positive with the ignition turned on.