AVIC411.com

Possible to get Digital Television?

I was just curious if it was possible at all to receive OTA Digital Television at all on the F90BT?

I already own the the CD-RM10 Cable:

h130CDRM10-f_mt.jpeg

So I'm thinking I have to get some kind of TV Antenna? OR can I use my car's radio antenna as well?

Well, I don't know what it is that I want to do yet.

OR It would be even better if I can use the reverse backup camera as my input since I don't own a reverse backup camera?

I dont know, what do you guys suggest? (especially in the wake of the DTV transition)

I have a digital receptor ta converts the signal.... Actually I'm doing some tests this night to try to connect it using the rearview camera input.

Because the rearview input dosen't have audio input i'll have to continue using the audio inputs from the AV1 source.... I'll you guys know if it works..

GUGA

Bad news and good news.

Yes it's possible to use the rearview camera (video) and AV1 (audio) to view digital television or anything else you want to.

Dad news is that pioneer has a standard message of CAUTION: IMAGE MAY APPEAR REVERSED that dosen't go away.

Until someone finds out how to get rid of this messageI think the best solution it to use AV1 with a split connector and everytime you need to change to IPOD to other source, pause the ipod or remove it, go into settings and change the AV1 input.

GUGA

I'm using a Wii TV digital tuner, it's a blackbox that comes with everything, just connected audio and video in the same input as Ipod AV1 (using a Y splitconnector), made a swith to turn it on and off and installed a infra red extensor so I can hide the tv tuner inside the console.

GUGA

• 4 months later...

If i was to get a DTV tuner, i would probably do some research into converting it to 12V rather than running an inverter all the time. if you ask me thats wasted energy. think about it. 12~14.5V to 120V and depending on the wattage/amperage the amount of time you could run it would be limited. so. i propose this. do some research say get a box, open it. see if the power supply is all 12V and jsut run a line from your car battery to the DTV box and a gruond somewhere on the car. problem solved :D

:EDIT:

also even if you used say that wii black box and such, most videogame systems (all to my knowledge) run on 12V so your in the money on that one!