AVIC411.com

Vandlized... IS this fixable?

Hello, new to this forum, (not savy with the search feature, but I did try it)

I looked through a few pages of differnt threads and I still wasn't exactly sure how I can go about fixing this screen on my AVIC-D2.

What I want to knowis; if this DVD screen fixable? Unit still plays and has all it's funtions but as you can see no display' no nav, no DVD, no back up camera...

Please don't beat me up too bad as I'm old enough to be most of you guys father and this is the first vehicle I have ever owned with ANY type of DVD/Nav screen. (so please don't lose me with term I am sure I am not used too) Local shop said NOPE Not fixable New unit $$$$ ....

I just want to check my options before I plop down more coin fixing this vehicle back up!

(Sorry NO insurance coverage IF someone were to ask...)

TIA

013.jpg

Yes that IS a hatchet scar into the screen! AS well as over $28K damage to the rest of the vehicle. (they missed NO panel, glass, plastic, leather, gauges or swtiches through out the whole truck! Completely totaled by insurance of a 2007 Sierra Denali. So I bought it back as is... It just makes a person sick! This was all because of the truck's mistaken identity this is truelly a form of identity thieft IMHO.

Anyway I am starting to make my way through fixing this truck back up...

Sorry to be long winded, just venting off some steem ...

If D's are anything like F series (and I would imagine they would be) you can easily replace the LCD and touch screen. Take a look on http://parts.pioneerelectronics.com although their prices seem a little high on things that I've looked into. Also, you might be able to find a broken one on eBay to re-use the LCD.

BTW, that sucks about your truck! WTF is wrong with people.

Julius (well you got me beat by a few but NOT many!)

But as I stated every thing on the unit works besides the screen even the motor tilt of the screen to insert/remove CD/DVD works fine. Radio, CD/DVD plays I just need to find a good display. Am I to assume this is NOT an item I can get buy sending the unit back to Pioneer? I didn't see it offered on the link S4 provided (but I didn't become a member when I was browsing,

Thanks for the help so far!