AVIC411.com

Has anyone been able to add sky's to their schemes?

How would we use different skins for 8.0? I thought it was just built into the new igo 8.3 that we could switch back and forth between different skins. If we add a skin folder in the content folder of our igo what else do we need to do to give the avic the path to choose a different skin?

Skinning has been in iGO since iGO 2006...

Changing skins would involve adding a screen to settings.ui to select them from skins folder. However, to work properly they would need to be aware of Pioneer's specific features. Better way, for now, would be to implement specific features from existing skins in our default (DATA.ZIP) one.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Insert the following into your SYS.TXT

[interface]

maxzoom2d=6000000

show_exit=1

defaulttilt3d=7600 ;was 7500

[map]

3d_max_tiltlevel=10000 ;was 7800

3d_max_zoomlevel=3000 ;was 2500

3d_min_zoomlevel=40

3d_max_zfar=2000 ;was 500

[smartzoom]

minangle=0

maxangle=80

The first part enables a fuller range of tilt angles. If you manually tilt you will now see more of the sky. If you want to use Smartzoom with more tilt, then use the Smartzoom section above. You can alter the minangle and maxangle to taste. 0 is 2D and 90 would be totally flat. For the Smartzoom bit to work you need to have all the above in your sys.txt

well

this is standard, with DEM files:

2hyiixc.jpg

This is in 8.3 via the AVIC launcher

11kgqqd.jpg

And with the kikker skin

2mg4nkk.jpg

The last two have different DEM files as well, but that doesn;t seem to make a whole lot of difference.

'should' it be like this? or am I lacking a setting or some string of any kind?

OK

think I nailed it.

[interface]

defaulttilt3d=8300

[map]

3d_max_tiltlevel=8500

3d_max_zoomlevel=3000

3d_min_zoomlevel=40

3d_max_zfar=2000

;arrow

3d_scale_carmodel=1

3dcarsizemin=2500 ;was 4000

3dcarsizemax=4000 ;was 8000

3dcarsizemul=30000 ;was 40000

[smartzoom]

minangle=60

maxangle=83

I'm still left with a somewhat scrambled far horizon, but I find this a reasonable compromise.

edit:

2mxnh5.jpg

The only way 8.3 is happening is if Pioneer pays NavNGO for custom build similar to the one we have...

Actually, i'm pretty sure that we can do it. As far as i know 8.3 already supports the AV integration, MSND, etc like our "ezrider" version does. The only issue is that 8.0 data.zip files are not compatible with 8.3, so someone needs to recreate our data.zip to a 8.3 compatible version. Unfortunately i don't know enough about the structure of the data.zip to even begin to work on that.

Actually, i'm pretty sure that we can do it. As far as i know 8.3 already supports the AV integration, MSND, etc like our "ezrider" version does. The only issue is that 8.0 data.zip files are not compatible with 8.3, so someone needs to recreate our data.zip to a 8.3 compatible version. Unfortunately i don't know enough about the structure of the data.zip to even begin to work on that.

Well, not quite... Normal version of 8.3 won't know anything about special messages that existing version send to and from AVIC Shell. At the minimum, it seems that unless EZRider sends a message to the shell that it had started successfully, the system reboots. SO yes, we could use 8.3 from LeetLauncher and use it to play music off of SD/USB, but not as a replacement to built-in navigation...

Since we were able to use ezrider from another device (an ASUS something, i forget) to run updated maps, it would seem like there are at least some other versions out there which also send the shell message on startup. I believe there are people running 8.3 on the ASUS, so thats why I figured we should be able to as well.

Since we were able to use ezrider from another device (an ASUS something, i forget) to run updated maps, it would seem like there are at least some other versions out there which also send the shell message on startup. I believe there are people running 8.3 on the ASUS, so thats why I figured we should be able to as well.

No, the hacked EZRider for maps is the Pioneer one, with license code hacked, not an Asus build...

Oh, my mistake. I think i saw some config file in that zip file that mentioned ASUS so i assumed thats what it was from. In any event i would bet money that the F series will be updated to 8.3, otherwise there will be no map updates. iGo has switched the US to NAVTEQ maps and they don't work with 8.0. From what I have heard there will probably only be one more update to the US TeleAtlas maps for 8.0, and then everyone will be forced to move to 8.3. I really hope that Pioneer won't leave us out in the cold with no updates.

Oh, my mistake. I think i saw some config file in that zip file that mentioned ASUS so i assumed thats what it was from. In any event i would bet money that the F series will be updated to 8.3, otherwise there will be no map updates. iGo has switched the US to NAVTEQ maps and they don't work with 8.0. From what I have heard there will probably only be one more update to the US TeleAtlas maps for 8.0, and then everyone will be forced to move to 8.3. I really hope that Pioneer won't leave us out in the cold with no updates.

I would hope so...

Hey Eurotuner, great mod, my display now looks really good, thank you. But some of the values in your/my >iGO/SYS.TXT< file are now different to the values in my >project.config/pioneer< file. Should I change them so they are all the same as in the >iGO/SYS.TXT file? In other words should the same values for the same script be applied in both files?