AVIC411.com

EQ settings

Does anyone have a good EQ setting for metal music. I have an 07 nitro with a D3 & factory speakers. It sounded quite good until the last time my truck was in for warranty work my deck was reset & I lost the setting that took me months of tinkering to come up with. I've played around with it for a bit, but can't quite get the bass to be proper. If you can help, I would appreciate knowing the HPF setting & loudness setting as well. For some reason I can't quite grasp the whole narrow 1 & 2 & wide 1 & 2.

22 views & no responses. A cell phone pic of your EQ screen would be good enough. An kind of car with factory speakers would be good enough as well. Thanks

Differn't cars are goin to have different settings. All are different accoustically. Especially with the variations between amps, subs, etc vs. factory. Just mess around w/ it til you find something you are happy with. Don't forget to adjust the staging too

Seconded. Is there a sub involved, or separate tweeters, for example? Even if we knew, the acoustics between individual vehicles, not to mention vehicle types (truck vs. car) are so different that what works well in my little coupe might likely sound like garbage in a larger vehicle. Best suggestion I can give is to A/B lots of different settings through trial-and-error, and write them down this time. :)

For what it's worth, the Loudness on my D2 makes things sound universally worse, but EQ-EX does seem to improve things.

Just factory speakers. No upgrades. No amps, or subs. I realise that what works in one may not work in another, but I figured if anyone who has an suv with no upgrades may give me a good start. When I try to do the adjustments I get frustrated with the narrow & wide. It seems that I get a little close to something good & go to tweak it & the whole thing changes. Since there's about 20 possible moves for each low mid & high, it's not a simple thing to set up. I will definitely write down the settings this time when I find one that works for me, I just didn't realise that the tech who was working on my park brake boot would have to disconnect the battery.