AVIC411.com

AVIC-D2 Navigation DVD

Hello Everyone,

I am very happy to have joined your forum. I ordered my Avic-D2 last week and I should be getting it pretty soon. I was wondering if its possible to play other navigation maps on the Avic-D2, like Australia DVD maps, or Europe, or the middle east.

Thanks an I hope to hear from someone soon.

Eisa
I don't know for sure, but I know there is a strong possibility you can use European map discs. The AVIC-X1 and X1R are the European versions of the N1 and N2. The D1/D2 uses the same map discs as the N1/N2, so I think a the Europe maps for X1/X1R should work in a D1/D2. They also have the same names - CNDV50, CNDV60, etc.

I don't know about anything other than US and Europe though.
They use a different radio tuner overseas. You will have issues there (if you ever use your radio, some people don't)

[quote name="Mr.AlMuhairi"]Thanks man. Because I might go to Grad school overseas and i was thinking maybe if there are maps that can work on the unit i can take it with me. Im still looking for map dvd's that i can play on my unit.[/quote]
[quote name="whtcrxghst"]They use a different radio tuner overseas. You will have issues there (if you ever use your radio, some people don't)

[quote name="Mr.AlMuhairi"]Thanks man. Because I might go to Grad school overseas and i was thinking maybe if there are maps that can work on the unit i can take it with me. Im still looking for map dvd's that i can play on my unit.[/quote][/quote]

Not exactly!! On most Pioneer systems you can change the settings of the radio. I bought a pioneer radio from the Post exchange when I was living in Germany and had to set it. They might have found a way to make it a Standard feature. Check with Pioneer on that!!

K