AVIC411.com

Avic F for Chevrolet

I did some looking around but had trouble finding what I am looking for if it is already posted somewhere I apologize for the new thread but I have a 07 Chevrolet Avalanche which is the new body style and interior for the Chevrolet. Everything online tells me the Avic F will not fit in my truck why is that and has anyone installed the Avic F in their Chevrolet and has pictures they wouldn't mind showing would be greatly appreciated

I did some looking around but had trouble finding what I am looking for if it is already posted somewhere I apologize for the new thread but I have a 07 Chevrolet Avalanche which is the new body style and interior for the Chevrolet. Everything online tells me the Avic F will not fit in my truck why is that and has anyone installed the Avic F in their Chevrolet and has pictures they wouldn't mind showing would be greatly appreciated

I have the new body style Silverado and crutchfield says it wont fit either. all you have to do is pull the stock radio out and cut the plastic out that is behind the radio. it sounds bad, but it's not. you will have more room for all of the wires back there too afterwards. good luck.

Crutchfield's filter is terribly in accurate when it comes to double DIN units. If the dash doesn't use ISO/DIN mounts (most german and US vehicles) they say it won't fit, even though there is plenty of room.

It's because they're gearing that service towards the DIY crowd that wants to be able to remove their factory unit and put the aftermarket one straight in.

It will fit, here is my recent install in my 08 silverado. Pretty similar set up. Even have pics of my trimming behind the radio and how it failed (end results on the trim were not what I expected)

Just make sure you get the right harnesses!

Brian

Brian, what exactly did you mean if failed? I just purchased my F900BT and I would like to see your pics you described, as well as any others with general advice on installing/modifing my dash in a 01 Chevy Tahoe for this unit.

For example I've been told that I could replace my instrumentation bezel with one from an 03'-06' and this should save me from cutting the bezel as it provides a double-din opening. Can anyone with an F series and 03-06 tahoe confirm whether or not they had to cut the dash bezel?

Thanx.

Yes you can fit the f-series in a 2003-2006 tahoe/silverado without cutting the dash bezel, the only thing that needs to be cut is some plastic behind the stock radio. Also you can replace your 2001 tahoe dash bezel with one from a 2003-2006 tahoe/silverado but the a/c controls will need to be moved down a bit. There is a thread on this somewhere.