AVIC411.com

avic f500bt can be charge without cradle in the car?

f500bt can be used without cradle on the car? And it can be charge without cradle in tha car.? i see a 5VDC input on the one side of the unit photo. But in the owners manual said that: "use this jack only to connect with tha AC adapter". So is there a cable for charge from car ligther directly without cradle?

If it is imposiblle i can not buy f500bt :( . Because i will use it without cradle.

i know but in the user guide said that plug lighter cable jack to cradle. can ligter cable jack be directly plugged to f500bt without cradle?

Yes it can.

sorry, it means that we can charge f500 in car without that big cradle cable? If we will not use this big cable (red marked on the picture) where will we plug charger DC 5V jack (blue marked on picture) on device?

I am so happy if i will not use that big cable for charging.

Thank you very much

post-28978-12872757055466_thumb.jpg

Just plug the 5v to the left side of the unit. You need that fat cable (and cradle) only if you want to use the MSN Direct or rearview camera. Well, may I ask why you don't want to use the cradle? Even you are not planning to use the MSN Direct or Rearview, using the cradle with the fat cable make it easier to place/remove the unit to/from your car, as you just need slap it onto the cradle, no need to connect multiple cables (assuming you are also planned to connect the output to the car's stereo aux in). The only exception is if you are using IPod integration, you need to connect that stupid two-plug cable everytime, no matter you use the cradle or not. :(

Just plug the 5v to the left side of the unit. You need that fat cable (and cradle) only if you want to use the MSN Direct or rearview camera. Well, may I ask why you don't want to use the cradle? Even you are not planning to use the MSN Direct or Rearview, using the cradle with the fat cable make it easier to place/remove the unit to/from your car, as you just need slap it onto the cradle, no need to connect multiple cables (assuming you are also planned to connect the output to the car's stereo aux in). The only exception is if you are using IPod integration, you need to connect that stupid two-plug cable everytime, no matter you use the cradle or not. :(

f500bt operation manuel says about 5v jack "Use this jack only to connect with the AC adapter" in page 12. So if i dont misunderstood i can not use this jack with lighter adaptor!!! is it true? if it is true i think it is so nonsense. 5VDC is 5VDC. it is not important where is it came from.

"Well, may I ask why you don't want to use the cradle?"

I dont want use this fat cable because i will not use suck mount. f500 is so big for use in front of windshield. i have laguna and i will put f500bt in front of my radio.

thank you for your answer.

f500bt operation manuel says about 5v jack "Use this jack only to connect with the AC adapter" in page 12. So if i dont misunderstood i can not use this jack with lighter adaptor!!! is it true? if it is true i think it is so nonsense. 5VDC is 5VDC. it is not important where is it came from.

5v is 5v, I don't think there is enough difference, which affecting the operation of F500BT, between the 5v provided by the A/C transformer, and the one provided by the cigarette adapter. Yes, there are difference between the AC-DC and DC-DC coversion, but it should be ok. I didn't test this systemactically, but I did connected the cigarette adapter directly to the left side of the F500BT once, and it works.

I dont want use this fat cable because i will not use suck mount. f500 is so big for use in front of windshield. i have laguna and i will put f500bt in front of my radio.

I didn't use the suction mount niether. I mounted the cradle to the front dash using a modified Vent mount. Keep in mind that the F500BT doesn't have any mounting hole at the back, the mounting holes (a standard 4-hole mounting system) are on the back of the cradle.

Here is how I mount my F500BT:

2ltpu76.jpg

28jjqrp.jpg

StupidPig thank you very much.

What do you think about GPS performance of f500bt. After you get in the car how its take begining navigation. And how is it during navigation. So what is the general GPS performance? Is there any problem?

Than you very much again. i am thinking Mio moov or avic F500BT. Now im so close to f500bt.