AVIC411.com

Code to change map color

I have a really hard time seeing the map in my car. The font they use sucks. The street names on top of the street lines make it hard to read. There is no contrast. The information is too small. Has anyone changed this? I like the Garmin maps. They are easy to read, the buttons are big and it's not cluttered.

Can you please upload your mod if you have made these changes?

I also am looking for a mod to change the size of the incoming phone icons and buttons, the volume up and down. They made the window big but the icons and buttons small. I have fat fingers and I drive a MR2. I can't be dicking around looking for icons when I need to be looking at the road.

Basically if someone has all the stuff modded and can upload the essential folders so I can just replace - I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Most of the people that are actively involved in modifying the F-Series are posting their updates regularly.

Perhaps a better approach would be to ask for help in making the modifications you're looking for instead of just requesting that someone do them for you. Then you'll have the knowledge and skill to make changes on your own so you can give back to the community.

$0.02

I have no problem contributing to this forum or posting some of my own mods when I get around to hacking them - but this is something I want to change now and not wait for days of searching through countless posts.

The same amount of energy used to bash me could have been used to send me to the right post...

May you eat fish heavy in mercury.

I have a really hard time seeing the map in my car. The font they use sucks. The street names on top of the street lines make it hard to read. There is no contrast. The information is too small. Has anyone changed this? I like the Garmin maps. They are easy to read, the buttons are big and it's not cluttered.

Can you please upload your mod if you have made these changes?

I also am looking for a mod to change the size of the incoming phone icons and buttons, the volume up and down. They made the window big but the icons and buttons small. I have fat fingers and I drive a MR2. I can't be dicking around looking for icons when I need to be looking at the road.

Basically if someone has all the stuff modded and can upload the essential folders so I can just replace - I would appreciate it.

Thanks

What you want to looik for is Color Schemes (there's a big thread for them here). They let you recolor the map any way you want, and quite a few have been posted here.

Also, you may want to change two settings in SYS.TXT:

[interface]

mapfontscale=130

[3d_config]

roadsign_lines_per_screen=15

These should make street names larger. You may want to play with numbers to set them to your liking.

This ain't Garmin -- you can actually change almost anything.