AVIC411.com

US Speed Cameras

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure how accurate this file is, as far as I know Minnesota doesn't have any speed cameras but with the new file there are now four of them on my way to/from work. Also I went to my cousins the other day and ran into one on a dirt road. I do know we have some red light cameras, but I think those have recently been disabled by the courts..

I'm not sure how accurate this file is, as far as I know Minnesota doesn't have any speed cameras but with the new file there are now four of them on my way to/from work. Also I went to my cousins the other day and ran into one on a dirt road. I do know we have some red light cameras, but I think those have recently been disabled by the courts..

It is not just speed cameras, but speed traps, such as places marked highly likely for a cop to be waiting to nab you.

Ceger

i am not sure what i did wrong i copied and pasted everything into a note pad and named it speed cam then added it to the speed cam folder

but now my unit just keeps rebooting

i deleted the file and the unit works

so what did i do wrong to add the file

Just place the file as is into the IG0/Content/Speedcam directory. Did you also make sure you had speedcam_enabled = 1 in the SYS.TXT file under the [debug] section?

Ceger

Just place the file as is into the IG0/Content/Speedcam directory. Did you also make sure you had speedcam_enabled = 1 in the SYS.TXT file under the [debug] section?

Ceger

I'm confused now. I am using mikegedge's data.zip from http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20651 and in that thread it states that speedcam's are enabled. that line is not in its SYS.TXT file. I copied the speedcam.txt file to its proper home, and went into the avic navi settings and it shows speedcams enabled with audio and visual alerts.

So is there someplace else that speedcams can be enabled? Or are mine really not enabled? I really cant test it here as I know there are none near me, and I would prefer to have this working before I head into Chicago today where I know there are several cams!

I'm confused now. I am using mikegedge's data.zip from http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20651 and in that thread it states that speedcam's are enabled. that line is not in its SYS.TXT file. I copied the speedcam.txt file to its proper home, and went into the avic navi settings and it shows speedcams enabled with audio and visual alerts.

So is there someplace else that speedcams can be enabled? Or are mine really not enabled? I really cant test it here as I know there are none near me, and I would prefer to have this working before I head into Chicago today where I know there are several cams!

If DATA.ZIP lets you turn on camera warnings, that should be good enough. For a check, open up a map of Chicago, let's say Lake Shore Drive and Fullerton (or Belmont). If you see little camera icons on the map, you are fine.

If DATA.ZIP lets you turn on camera warnings, that should be good enough. For a check, open up a map of Chicago, let's say Lake Shore Drive and Fullerton (or Belmont). If you see little camera icons on the map, you are fine.

Funny that you suggest that area, as my girlfriend lives on Briar! And there is a nice little camera at the Belmont and Sheridon corner. I'll go look, thanks for the tip!

Funny that you suggest that area, as my girlfriend lives on Briar! And there is a nice little camera at the Belmont and Sheridon corner. I'll go look, thanks for the tip!

I pass by that area often enough to remember that there is one there...