AVIC411.com

problems with burnt dvds

Funny I was just about to post up a similar thread. I have two D3 units and one of them plays burned map discs just fine but the new one that I just got won't play them at all. I have tried memorex DVD-DL discs and I have also tried Verbatim DVD-DL discs. Both discs play just fine in one D3 unit but in the other unit neither disc will work. FWIW, when I try the Verbatim disc the unit tries to read the disc but then tells me to insert the appropriate disc. But when I try the memorex disc the D3 tries to read it but then spits it out and says "Disc Read Error".

I noticed that the unit that DOES work fine was manufactured 09/07 and the unit that DOESN'T work was manufactured 02/07

Anyone else try any different kinda discs? I'm thinking that it has something to do with maybe a certain kinda laser that Pioneer used in the earlier production days but then changed to something better months down the road.