AVIC411.com

iPhone 2.2.1 and F700

I have the latest firmware on the F700. It worked fine with my iPod Touch with the 2.2 update (I believe its 2.2). However, I can't use it with my new iPhone 3G with the 2.2.1 update. I didn't get to check it with the 2.2 update (it may have worked fine with that). If so, I need to roll that update back.

But, I was wondering if anyone else had a problem with this update. I checked the search and couldn't find a topic on this. if I missed it my bad. But, I just wanted a quick answer. It comes up on the iPhone that this accessory is not iPhone compatible. Do you want to use it in Airplane mode? You will not be able to recieve calls while in Airplane mode. I pick NO and that's it. I can't use it with the radio outside of an AV device, and to charge it.

I hate when thse updates break the features with this radio. This really shouldn't happen. Again, any help will be great here, thanks!!! :)

If I am correct, all iPhones will say that when connected to these units. I would get the same issue with my older Pioneer DEH head unit with my iPhone 3G, but not my iPod Touch.

It's just an option to allow you turn off WiFi, Bluetooth, Cell Phone functions to reduce interference. Everything will still work fine if you tell it no. I get the same message and just ignore it, has no impact.

Thanks for the responses! However, it actually doesn't work. When you go to audio soures (FM AM, CD, ect). the iPod icon is not there. Its greyed out and all I can use is the AV1 source to play music thru. Which means i have to use the iPhone to make selections ect. Yes this does work, but not the way it should be working.

I just got off the phone with Pioneer, and of course they say its the update that broke it again. Are you guys running the latest iPhone firmware of 2.2.1? Cause if it is working fine for you guys maybe I am missing something.

Thanks again!

Thanks for the responses! However, it actually doesn't work. When you go to audio soures (FM AM, CD, ect). the iPod icon is not there. Its greyed out and all I can use is the AV1 source to play music thru. Which means i have to use the iPhone to make selections ect. Yes this does work, but not the way it should be working.

I just got off the phone with Pioneer, and of course they say its the update that broke it again. Are you guys running the latest iPhone firmware of 2.2.1? Cause if it is working fine for you guys maybe I am missing something.

Thanks again!

My 3G runs fine...

Yes it says "this isn't designed for an iphone" and I saw "ignore that, leave the radio on"

It even plays video podcasts

I was just on lunch, listening to my iPhone's songs, making Bluetooth phone calls and then browsing the web on the phone while it was connected and playing music.

I just looked at my phone and it is running the 2.2.1 update, so it can't be that. Have you double checked your AV1 source setting? Maybe turn it off, then back to iPod. What cable are you using to connect to the unit? Does your phone charge while connected?

If it doesnt detect any media it will not. Same goes for video, if there are no videos on there it will not allow you to select the video tab. My iphone 3G has worked since the day i got my avic F700BT ( even prior to the F series update) but it seems as if, since the most recent iPhone 3G update that it takes a little longer to connect to my AVIC. Not sure if it is due to the update or maybe since the update i need to reconnect it with Bluetooth. It still connects fine and works good so i hate to re-establish the connection and take a chance on not being able to.

yes, it works. it was the fact that I didn't have anything on there. I thought at the least it would just recognize it and show no music to play but, whatever. Long as it works I am happy.

However, it cuts out on the left side a LOT more then my iPod touch ever did. I have to reconnect it several times on just one trip to work. What's up with that? Anyone else with that issue? I have heard of it happening to others, but its a lot for me. Any work around for it?

Thanks again to all that have posted, been a great help!