AVIC411.com

VW guys with CAN get the Connect2 Adapter

Hmm, Wired it up how i think it needs to be done and its nearly there.

Couple of points though.

When i turn the ignition off the unit still turns off, I thought it was meant to stay on untill i pulled the key out?

Im sure ive got that wired to the ACC right, There is not other way to wire it.

The Illumination doesnt seem to do anything. Is it meant to turn the map into night mode when you turn the lights on? It does nothing...

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God im getting annoyed with this. 2 months it was on order and now it doesnt seem to work...

The ignition doesnt seem to stay on with the key in like it should, It should retain the factory position but it doesnt, It just cuts the unit dead when you turn the engine off.

The illumination doesnt work, And yes ive played with the brightness. It doesnt do anything when i turn the lights on or off.

Dont know of another way to test the other bits but its not good so far :evil:

Anyone give me any ideas whats up? Im sure ive got it connected right, The unit seems to operate ok, Just the bits i want dont work...

Progress Update

The connects 2 adapter is crap.. The bits i want dont work. Sod's law! :evil:

The Ignition doesnt work as its suppose to, It just turns off with the key.

Ive found that if i connect the ACC to the aerial power in the harness i can get around this and it works as it should! :D

The Speed pulse works, Ive not tested it on the avic but it works according to the meter.

As with the reverse signal, Not tested but works on the meter.

But the illumination doesnt work at all. When i connect it, It gets a 12V signal straight away with the lights not even on. When i turn the lights on nothing happens, Just stays at 12V.

Im so fed up with this i might just tap from the heated seat switch and call it a day. It least it would be all working in theroy!

Any ideas why the illumination could be broken?

Aerial power is what volkswagens use to supply power to the standard HU's booster. Im connecting the aerial power and the ACC to that. That way they both turn off when i take the key out.

Ive tripple checked the wiring. It goes from the can-bus in the OE harness to the adapter and this it. It doesnt work on the output of the adapter, Really annoying..

Aerial power is what volkswagens use to supply power to the standard HU's booster. Im connecting the aerial power and the ACC to that. That way they both turn off when i take the key out.

Ive tripple checked the wiring. It goes from the can-bus in the OE harness to the adapter and this it. It doesnt work on the output of the adapter, Really annoying..

i have one of these that i just installed. I had no problems with it working. The only thing that i had a problem with is make sure u plug the unit into the avic last or it wont work for so reason.
Aerial power is what volkswagens use to supply power to the standard HU's booster. Im connecting the aerial power ?and? the ACC to that. That way they both turn off when i take the key out.

Use ACC OR Aerial power for the phantom feed of the active antenna. Also consider the note in the manual about the current limitation of the aerial output.

Regards, Skippy2

PS: and as indicated by vwboy308: connects2 works as advertised, it even displays 'active' in the VW MFD audio screen......

Hi, I'm from Italy.

I have a '08 Audi TT, Pioneer Avic F900BT and the Connects2 interface.

I think it's the same as Volkswagen.

Can you explain me how to wire the interface?

When i turn off the key the navi turns off.

The Factory Navi turns off only when I pull away the key.

That is the problem i had, I dont think the connects 2 unit works the same way the factory unit worked.

I managed to get around this by connecting the ACC to the aerial power in the car loom. This only turns off when i pull the key out, Not turn the ignition off.