AVIC411.com

AVIC-F500BT wiring hell....

Hey guys,

So i've got the F500BT with ND-G500 amp and iPod cable. Since it is a "portable navi" it's installed a bit different than your normal in-dash unit. Instead of being wired into the car and driving the speakers, the AMP for this navi plugs in between factory HU and speakers. This way it can mute and pass navi instructions, ipod music to car's speakers.

BUT the harness it comes with - is the freaking weirdest thing i've seen. It has plugs that don't seem to match to anything. I went to local electronics store to look at Metra plugs - none of them seem to have same pattern. Not only that, but those that are avaliable from metra - have 6 pins or so, when these have no less than 8 on each. So i don't see how i can use any of the metra cables, if there are not enough pins in the plugs. (how HU send signal to 4 different speakers with only 6 wires?)

I've talked to local audio installer - and they guy told me that is is a wierd plug and he doesn't have any idea how to plug it in. He said they would have to cut the connector off the AMP harness and hard wire it to the the car.

Does anyone know if there is a special plug i can use, so i don't have to cut off the cables of the Pioneer harness?

My car is 2008 Toyota Highlander

Here is a pic of the three cables

harness.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In case you have not found the answer elsewhere:

That connector is a standard in Europe, ISO I think. All European cars come with those so you can hook right to your car harness. You can search here at the forum for a link to parrotcables where you can buy an adapter cable from ISO to your model Car and just plug it in. I cut and soldered the cable removing the ISO connectors and about 8' of cable as the Pioneer cable is very long, and only need near 3' of cable. FYI the parrot or the pioneer hooked the Always hot and the Ignition/ACC hot backwards in the ISO connectors, so my splice was a correction as well.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the question and answer. Exactly the issue that I will be working on later this week upon receipt of my AVIC-F500BT and ND-G500 and integrating it with my F150 Ford 2004 Pickup MP3 Radio. Suspecting that the connectors were different than my single USA connector to the back of my radio, I purchased a METRA GSXL Car Wire harness, no 70-5600 at Best Buy nearby. These wires will have to be spliced into the wires from the ND-G500 Cable. I have also added a rear view camera for our hauling of our small Casita trailer. HOPEFULLY, if all goes well, next weekend it should be installed and all functional.

Thanks again!