AVIC411.com

Bluetooth software missing

I dont understand your saying your missing your bluetooth software? Or the screen version information says no software found?

It does this whent he bluetooth is turned off via the software settings, it will come back with the version number when bluetooth is turned back on via the controls in the head unit.

I had the same problem after installing dumpystig's hacks (which were very nice). I restored the sys.txt file, data. zip file and the fonts that were overwritten and voila... I was able to apply Pioneer's bluetooth update and everything was fine.

If you did a full backup of "my flash disk", just restore that and you will be fine. Do not believe those that tell you that it is a bluetooth hardware failure and must be sent to pioneer. That was not the case with mine.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I've been making some modifications too and this has also happened to me. The mod I've done is GTIMatt's full Data.zip. Didin't do anything else (I think) but I now have no bluetooth software according to the BT update menu.

I have the UK (Europe) version also running version 2.001. I backed up Data.zip in the iGo folder and also the Data folder on the root but that's it. I've restored data.zip and removed the additional font file (transportm.ttf) supplied with the mod, but not sure what to do about sys.txt.

What I'd like to know is can I use anyone's working sys.txt file to replace mine, in case mine is corrupt? And also, where is it?

Everything else works fine, it's just the bluetooth doesn't want to and it won't allow me to do a firmaware update or a bluetooth software update. Any help would be greatly appreciated....thanks!! :?

The mods were great apart from that!

I have a fix for this, or more of a workaround. There are 4 sys.txt template files in the root of the iGo folder:

sys_746EW.txt (Europe Version)

sys_746UC.txt (US Version)

sys_749W.txt (Europe Version)

sys_749C.txt (US Version)

I think the difference between 746 and 749 is 746 is for the F700/F900 models and 749 is for the F500 model.

Anyway, I have the F900BT (Europe Version). I've found that my bluetooth will only work if the unit has a US sys.txt file in the iGo folder. The problem is if you put a US version in there and boot up on a EU unit, it takes the appropriate EU template (of the 4 listed above) and overwrites the US sys.text file.

To get around this I copied the text from sys_746UC.txt (US version) and pasted it over the text in sys_746EW.txt (UK Version). Then copied these 2 files into my iGo folder on the unit and DELETED the existing sys.txt file. I'd recommend backing it up first.

When the unit rebooted it was fooled into using a US sys.txt config and now the bluetooth works.

Obviously I'd rather find the cause of the problem, but this at least gets it working.

• 10 months later...