AVIC411.com

problem pressing map config screen button with MAV's mod

Where have you got it placed, as in Mavs' original zip or in mine (which has been re-sited)?

i am using mav's original file. did you have a fix for that in another thread? it is so difficult to navigate this forum with so much info. is it a matter of just changing the x, y? thanks for the help

Hmm, strange one that, coz I started with Mavs' original zip and never had any probs with that button (or any others). Have you done any mods after installing Mavs zip?

Nothing, it seems that the area i need to touch the button is not where the button is? this is the starngest thing ever.

The Map Confirmation Button works just fine in my setup (which, not surprisingly, uses my "stock" Data.zip). I had originally tried to move the Map Confirmation Button around in a much earlier version of my mods, but ran into some difficulty doing so (http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=134097). As Boris suggested in that thread, the code for that button is spread out over multiple .ui files. Since, at that point, I didn't want to really undertake the necessary effort to actually move that button around, I just set it back to its stock location and spaced my other buttons around it (as Keeper suggested).

So, in other words, the location and action of the Map Confirmation Button in my Data.zip is unchanged from stock 2.0 file. I am not sure what is causing your issue, but I suspect it's subsequent modification of the code. I suspect that because I use my data.zip with no further modifications and do not have the problem you're describing. Having said that, I'm all ears if someone identifies a problem with it.

--Mav

Hey Mav, where you been hiding? First off, thanks for your original DATA.zip, it's spawned loads of new mods since you posted it, andI'm still running most of it on my 500.

You're right about the Map Confirm button, I have now moved it and what a PITA that was. But if gnasr has installed your zip and not made any other mods/changes as he says, then I also can't understand how he's getting this problem.

Anyways, thanks again for your zip, it's kept me busy for a couple of months now :)

The Map Confirmation Button works just fine in my setup (which, not surprisingly, uses my "stock" Data.zip). I had originally tried to move the Map Confirmation Button around in a much earlier version of my mods, but ran into some difficulty doing so (http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=134097). As Boris suggested in that thread, the code for that button is spread out over multiple .ui files. Since, at that point, I didn't want to really undertake the necessary effort to actually move that button around, I just set it back to its stock location and spaced my other buttons around it (as Keeper suggested).

So, in other words, the location and action of the Map Confirmation Button in my Data.zip is unchanged from stock 2.0 file. I am not sure what is causing your issue, but I suspect it's subsequent modification of the code. I suspect that because I use my data.zip with no further modifications and do not have the problem you're describing. Having said that, I'm all ears if someone identifies a problem with it.

--Mav

nothing changed the button still doesn't work after reinstall and calibrating. I have one question. Mav I am not able to change the settings for the Route Info box anymore. Any ideas? thank you

As for the settings on the route info box, that's a byproduct of the somewhat lazy way that code is written. I effectively "hardwired" the three pieces of info I'm interested in. Since I would personally never want to change it, there's no "toggle" function in the code in my data.zip.

Having said that, with a little time and effort, you could probably figure out how to revise the code to re-enable the traditional way of changing the content (i.e. through the settings menu) or even better (and frankly, this may be easier to code), rework that section to make each of the three content fields in the box toggle between 2 or 3 different pieces of information apiece by simply pressing that field.

As I indicated above, I'm not really interested in setting mine up that way, so I'm not really interested in going through that process, but if you take a look at the code for the route info box (and the code immediately adjacent to it that is commented out), you should be able to figure out a way to get this to work. Also, there are some bits of code and helpful tips from both Stephanie and Vorian which would be helpful in this regard.

Good luck!

--Mav

P.S. As for the Map Confirmation Button, I don't know what to tell you, but I don't think it's a problem with my data.zip because, again, it works fine for me.

P.P.S. Dumpy, thanks for the compliment and WELL DONE on your spin on it. Looks great! I poke in here from time to time to see what sort of collective progress has been made and, I have to tell you, I'm really impressed.