AVIC411.com

Install help

Ok well I wired up my wiring harness and will be putting the F90BT in my 08 Ford F250 tommorow. I want to run a few things by you guys and make sure I did everything right before I go ahead and put it in.

I moved the yellow mute wire, I grounded it, the parking break lead from the other harness, and the ground all together. Will that be ok?

I also need help finding the reverse sensor wire, and also the speed sensor wire. It says these must be hooked up for the nav to work properly.

Any help is appreciated.

Ok, in the manual it says something about it being needed for the NAV to be accurate or some BS....thanks for the help

VSS is needed for improving accuracy. Reverse for backup cam. It does let the unit know when you are driving backwards, but the effect on accuracy is negligible if any.

• 2 years later...

Ok well I wired up my wiring harness and will be putting the F90BT in my 08 Ford F250 tommorow. I want to run a few things by you guys and make sure I did everything right before I go ahead and put it in.

I moved the yellow mute wire, I grounded it, the parking break lead from the other harness, and the ground all together. Will that be ok?

I also need help finding the reverse sensor wire, and also the speed sensor wire. It says these must be hooked up for the nav to work properly.

Any help is appreciated.

Im doing the same in my F-250 2008 super duty. Any issues in fitting it? Did you have to buy a special adapter? Surround kit?

Im doing the same in my F-250 2008 super duty. Any issues in fitting it? Did you have to buy a special adapter? Surround kit?

yes you need to buy a dash kit, wire harness, and an antenna adapter, old radio comes out, new radio goes in, no fitment issues.