AVIC411.com

Changing radio stations buttons to larget rectangles?

Hey everyone,

I am sure others have the same problem of trying to select a new preset station and clicking on the wrong one since the buttons/rectangles to choose them are so skinny. Wondering if there's a way to change the layout of how you pick the presets so that we can have larger buttons arranged differently

so instead of having the skinny ones stacked like this

|Preset 1|

|Preset 2|

|Preset 3|

|Preset 4|

|Preset 5|

|Preset 6|

We can have them like this

| | | |

|Preset 1| |Preset 2|

| | | |

| | | |

|Preset 3| |Preset 4|

| | | |

Etc. So I am thinking of making the buttons bigger but re-arranging them to make better usage of the space. Is this even possible?

I have no problem as well... but he had a really good idea cause stacking them up all slim and straight down like that just requires way too much precision with your fingers.

his format would spread them out and even fill up the screen nicely. but im not dure if this is doable or not. =( i dont even know where to start to look for the code.

I have no problem as well... but he had a really good idea cause stacking them up all slim and straight down like that just requires way too much precision with your fingers.

his format would spread them out and even fill up the screen nicely. but im not dure if this is doable or not. =( i dont even know where to start to look for the code.

Better yet, there is room to the right of the detail pane to add vertically stacked preset buttons. I would love to be able to mod this screen for XM and FM; particularly XM.

Ceger

Pretty sure it would require modifying av.exe or an associated .res file. It's not driven by iGo 8, so there isn't a .ui in the data.zip we can change for this.

It's been #1 on my must-fix items for a while now, since the steering wheel controls can't change presets up/down. Next ideal would have been knob up/down allowing preset changes, but with iGo claiming those for zoom control that just leaves the AV menu... :?

BTW, anyone know what would be the values for...

- button visiblemodel format for when XM, Sirius, FM, AM or HD radio are used?

- button onrelease values for Next and Previous presets?

I want to add buttons to the nac screen above the AV section in the lower right that will allow for presets to be changed without having to leave the map screen.

Thanks in advance.

Ceger

I want to add buttons to the nac screen above the AV section in the lower right that will allow for presets to be changed without having to leave the map screen.

Thanks in advance.

Ceger

None... they are not handled by FireFly (iGO's UI manager), but by the AVIC shell itself.

Thanks in advance.

Ceger

None... they are not handled by FireFly (iGO's UI manager), but by the AVIC shell itself.

Damn. I was afraid of that.

Thanks for the response.

Ceger

Damn. I was afraid of that.

Thanks for the response.

Ceger

If you feel very adventurous you could try editing RES files, but there is even less knowledge available about them then there is about UI files...

So whats the consensus then, this is impossible? Nobody has tried hacking the av.exe or whatever? I'm a amatuer programmer and this interface looks like the coding is about as complicated as a level 1 programming class would cover. Has anyone gathered any info on the program yet? IE what language is it in, has a decompile been attempted, etc?

Nothing's impossible, just time consuming and resource intensive. There's been some good discussion on the .res file in this thread. A few members like leetcoder have been taking Ida Pro to the executables and DLLs to analyze the system calls, flow, etc. There's also a service manual linked here that has plenty of schematics, block diagrams and the like.