AVIC411.com

Voice Guidence On Front Speakers Only?

Just got my F700 and so far liking it very much. However I hate how nearly every 30 seconds my music gets muted and I am told to (prepare to stay straight in a quarter mile).

I know some of you want to find out how to pause the music instead of mute, however what I found worked well with the Honda GPS in my Ridgeline is that the voice would only talk on the front speakers and the music would continue in the rears. Is this at all possible on the AVIC?

• 2 weeks later...

FWIW, the feature is grayed-out, on my 700, following the hardwire bypass, along with the "Maverickster" mod. That and the setting to the immediate right of the Mute/Voice settings, the name of which escapes me right now. All other settings are adjustable, throughout the main settings menu.

I think there is mention of a workaround in the "Maverickster's Mod" thread however. The unusually slow page loading over the past few days is making search a long process.

FWIW, the feature is grayed-out, on my 700, following the hardwire bypass, along with the "Maverickster" mod. That and the setting to the immediate right of the Mute/Voice settings, the name of which escapes me right now. I think there is mention of a workaround in the "Maverickster's Mod" thread however. The unusually slow page loading over the past few days is making search a long process.

Yeah, as mentioned in many places (for example, page 143 of the manual), you need to set source to OFF before you can change this setting.

Really, operation manual is a very useful reading material. :D

Yeah, as mentioned in many places (for example, page 143 of the manual), you need to set source to OFF before you can change this setting.

Really, operation manual is a very useful reading material. :D

Meh, I wasn't really concerned with that feature/issue...just trying to shed light fot the other poster. I've been too busy with other things like Rndis drivers for WinCE and getting internet working, and getting my phone's display onto the AVIC (come on Touch Pro 2!).