AVIC411.com

Shuffle and Next Track - any hack or fix?

Installed my F900BT last weekend and been sort of disappointed with the "user experience". Mostly due to what seems are software shortcomings.

My current and main sore point is that the "Next Track" button does not function as expected when using the Shuffle mode. Every media device in existence will take you to a new random track if Shuffle is turned on. Every device that is, except apparently the F900BT, which takes you to the next track in the normal sequence of things.

One reason I bought this device is that it handles dual layer DVDs, which gives me over 8 gigs of file space for music. Too bad I can't skip randomly through that collection.

Has anybody fixed this? Or know if it will be fixed in a future update?

Well, stumbled across a work around for this issue. Not elegant or convenient but it does work.

Assuming a track has started playing that you would rather skip and pick another random track.

I did notice that the unit does correctly pick a new random track when it finishes the current track.

Since you can't just hit "next track" and go to a new random track, what I ended up doing was:

1) Hit "previous track" which takes you to the very start of the current track

2) Just as the current track starts to play, press and hold "previous track" until it goes to the very end of the previous track.

3) Then just let the unit finish off the few moments of that song so that it can then go on and pick a random track.

Of course, this should not be necessary and hopefully fixed in an upcoming update.

• 4 weeks later...

Accidentally found my 700bt would change randomly when clicking next song (160/300 to 43/300). I had multiple folders (80s, 90s, country, etc) with songs in each folder. Had the 700bt set to media and random. Every time I either used the volume button or touch screen to bypass a song that I did not want to hear, it would randomly select another song. If you have all your songs on the root or in just 1 folder, then it would not forward or reverse to a random song, instead go to the next sequential one. (160/300 to 161/300). Also, I found out if you have multiple folders but set to folder and random, it will not go to a random song when you hit forward or reverse. I guess if I just wanted to listen to country music, I would have to create 2 folders (A and B), set to media and random.

Every media device in existence will take you to a new random track if Shuffle is turned on

Actually - I just removed my stock Toyota stereo from an 05 Matrix XR and it went to the next sequential song also. It drove me nuts at first... But on that stereo I could just "undo" random and then "redo" it by two quick presses of the button - that took me to the next RANDOM song.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

When you are playing an album off the connected iPod in let's say shuffle albums mode, once you turn off the unit and turn it back on, it will continue playing the song where you left it. Fine, but it changes from shuffle albums to shuffle songs. This is more annoying than anything to have to remember to change modes before the next track starts playing. I've looked for files that may contain default values that can be altered with no such luck. Does anyone suspect the iPod.dll files could contain the answers I seek?

When you are playing an album off the connected iPod in let's say shuffle albums mode, once you turn off the unit and turn it back on, it will continue playing the song where you left it. Fine, but it changes from shuffle albums to shuffle songs. This is more annoying than anything to have to remember to change modes before the next track starts playing. I've looked for files that may contain default values that can be altered with no such luck. Does anyone suspect the iPod.dll files could contain the answers I seek?

Dude this is jacked up everywhere (in v2 at least)... I don't have an iPod, but playing from USB and Disc do this: if you are listening to a folder and you have the functions set to shuffle the folder, as soon as you manually select another song (even in that same FOLDER!) it changes it to shuffle the entire device. BUT, if you were to use next/previous to change the track, it stays on shuffle the folder only.

Pioneer completely screwed the pooch on the software on this device. There's no consistency and very little of it makes sense on a usability level.