AVIC411.com

D2 Pre Feb-06 - Correct Hack/Mods?

I looked at my Box for the D2 and it says Feb-06 and I want to make sure I have the corret hack/mods to make it work.

I want to be able to change destinations while driving which means.
-I will need to ground the parking brake wires.

In addition, I'm planning to buy a PS2 to play games and watch DVD, but I would like to use it while the car is in motion. Do I need to perform this mod?

-In the AVIC-D1 harness, there is one open spot on the connector (next to the ground wire). Put the wire into the open spot on the connector, connect the other side to ground, then re-connect the plug to the AVIC-D1.
If you want the D2 to dim when you put your headlights on, then yes, it needs to be hooked up.

Personally, I have the ILL wire hooked up and I hate it. In NYS the law is that when your windshield wipers are on, then your headlights have to be on. So if its raining, then my lights are on and the D2 is dimmed and the map is in night mode, even though its not dark out.

I've been contemplating putting a toggle switch in so that I can choose whether the unit is in night mode or day mode.