AVIC411.com

I'm REALLY hoping someone can help me out with this.

I purchased my AVIC D3 with a 30 gig iPod video. Basically, I wanted a touchscreen iPod interface for my truck, so I went with the D3. Now, my iPod will no longer work with my D3, which as you could imagine is a HUGE disappointment. :(

After installation, the iPod worked with my D3 flawlessly (including video), and I couldn't have been more satisfied. Just a few months after purchasing the pair, my iPod took a crap and gave me the dreaded sad iPod face. Since I babied my iPod and hated to exchange it for a scratched-up refurb, I opted to send it in and have it fixed. When I got my iPod back, it works like normal, except when I plug it into my D3 nothing happens. :x

I'm pretty sure the problem isn't with the D3 because I currently have my old 4 gig iPod mini hooked up to it and that works fine. As soon as I swap it with my iPod video, it simply won't read it. It reads that it's an ipod, but the screen won't display any of the iPod's content.

I know this issue may sound strange, but I really want the combo to work as it once did without forking out another couple hundred for a new iPod. If anyone has any idea as to what is going on, or can even steer me in the general direction of a solution, PLEASE let me know.

Thanks in advance!

I have the same problem... my 60 gig 5th gen video worked fine, then the hard drive went bad, got the exchange from the APPLE store, and now my D3 says "ready" and shows the ipod screen, but nothing.... no songs, no video... and my PODCASTS button is greyed out.. same on yours? I replaced the cd-i200 cable, still nothing. Firmware?

• 1 month later...

Check the screen on the iPod right after you hook it up. I believe when Apple referb's them, they put in the security feature that only allows 'apple' products to connect to the iPod. So your D3's cable doesn't have the chip, or whatever, that allows it to connect. *I'm guessing this is why mine wouldn't work.*

• 1 month later...

I have the same issue with my 80gb, it worked fine for about 8 months and all of a sudden stopped. It shows that the ipod is charging but doesnt say "Pioneer" on the ipod display like before. It recognizes the ipod as being plugged in and switches over from radio to ipod when you plug it in, but it does not display any info from the ipod and it does not play any music. The podcast button is grayed out too. I have not done any upgrades to mine, and it has never been sent to apple for service. I would love to know what causes this issue and how to fix it.

Ivan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thank you, but the issue with mine was the iPod itself. My GF's Gen 5 works fine on it. Apparently when Apple Referb'd my iPod (prior to me buying it) they did something to make it require the Apple chip the newer gen's do... :x I no longer have an iPod and my GT that has the D3 is not my DD anymore, so it's no big deal... When ever I want to use it, I just borrow my other half's iPod and it works fine.