AVIC411.com

pac steering wheel adapter and "deleting key beeps&quot

Does it Help?

I searched the forums for a couple of hours and the only post i saw relating to this was this one

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

I have the SWI-PS and it works fine for me .... now.

The "key beep delete" (search for it) mod made a HUGE difference in button responsiveness. Now the steering wheel controls respond much like OEM.

A couple of notes after the mod, though:

Holding down Vol Up or Vol Down buttons still sometimes makes the volume "run". But this only happens when I hold the button down for a long time (more than a couple of seconds). If I tap the button or just hold it down briefly, it responds right away and as expected (increment/decrement volume by 1 unit with a tap, by a few units with a brief button hold).

Mute/unmute works fine (and yes, I do have the hardwire bypass with the mute wire moved), but it takes barely a tap. Hold it down for more than a tap and it doesn't work.

Other than that, I'm a WHOLE lot happier with responsiveness after the "key beep delete" mod.

EDIT: Here's a brief rundown on "key beep delete" (thanks to Stephanie and the ohter posters on this)...

There are 8 files in the folder (DATA\Sound). The 40KB files to be deleted are:

PSG1Hi

PSG2Hi

PSG1Low

PSG2Low

The other files (PSG3, PSG4, PSG5, VR) can be left alone.

My experience: when I deleted these files, besides getting rid of the annoying key beeps, no adverse effects were noted and my steering wheel controls responded MUCH better (as noted previously by others)...

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

When reading the thread about "getting rid of the beeps" the op stated that she just replaced the .wav files with .wav silence files.

The quote above suggest to just delete those files.

Just wondering if anyone has any imput as to witch would work better.

Also does anyone that has tried this had any luck?

Vehicle is a 2005 toyota camry.

Thanks in advance

• 7 months later...

sorry to bring up a old post but i figured it would be better than opening a new thread. i just installed the f700bt in my 2008 Camry SE and i have the basic steering wheel controls volume up/down skip up/down and the mode button. i just wanted to ask what did you guys program the mode button to do since all Toyota's are pretty much the same. i wanted to program it to act like i pressed the volume knob to get voice activation or when i hold it to mute. is that possible? feedback would be highly appreciated.

• 2 months later...

Can someone post a link on this thread for a newbie (under a week of ownership) about how to get into the screens, etc to remove the key beeps? I had the contant beeps from any button being presses, so I'd love so assistance on how to delete them all. - EDIT: found it after searching for "remove key beep" and followed a thread w/ a nice step by step writeup.

I was just on a PAC thread about how the volume does fine on single presses, but does the run thing when I hold if for too long. The reaction on my F90BT in general is way slower than I expected it to be, so anything I can do to make it react quicker would be great. Since this is a Windows based deck, can we run a CPU clocker or something to make it react to button touches, boot up screen, between modes, etc go faster?