AVIC411.com

Serious map problem in MN

Hi all

I live in Minneapolis where we had the I-35W bridge collapse 2 years ago. It was a significant outage that caused mapquest, and other map vendors to do semi-permanent re-routes. The bridge has been rebuild and was re-opened for traffic in Sept 2008. However, my 900bt still thinks the bridge doesn't exist so it wants to route me through busy downtown traffic. I have tried to ignore the suggestion to turn, and hope for a re-route after crossing the bridge, but it will actually cancel my whole route and declare me isolated from my destination. Not cool since most any trip I take involves going over the bridge.

I have seen several posts on this site on available map updates, and others that have said there are none. I understand I must work within the igo 8 series without going to 8.3. Can someone confirm if an update is available, and if so would you mind zooming in to 35w to see if a road exists over the Mississippi in Minneapolis? If an update does not exist, can someone think of a way to work around the problem of either ignoring the outage, drawing in a bridge, forcing a re-route, etc...?

Thanks

I have seen several posts on this site on available map updates, and others that have said there are none. I understand I must work within the igo 8 series without going to 8.3. Can someone confirm if an update is available, and if so would you mind zooming in to 35w to see if a road exists over the Mississippi in Minneapolis? If an update does not exist, can someone think of a way to work around the problem of either ignoring the outage, drawing in a bridge, forcing a re-route, etc...?

Thanks

If that's the one by the 10th Ave, I tried some routing in Minneapolis, and it took me on 35W using the latest maps available.

That is good news. So I have the 2.0 firmware with a missing bridge. Can you link me to a map update post that I could follow? When I search for map updates on this site I only find how to add maps for other countries.

Thanks

One of those threads has links to latest US maps available...