AVIC411.com

install question about the pink speed wire

i have f900bt and if you read install manual says to hook up the pink speed wire to the speed circuit, i kno someone that didnt hook it up and says it works fine, but also in the manual says the connection is un-neccessary for the f700bt model why is that? if it also has the gps, so would like to kno should i hook it up or not and will it mess anything up

thanks josh

pretty sure this has been discussed. the 700 does not have a VSS wire in the harness. it's not supported on this model. Even if you wanted to...look at your harness i bet there is no VSS wire.

I'm sure one of the 1,000 post experts will add to this, but there's your quick answer.

the F700 should have come with 2 harnesses in the box that plug into the unit. one harness has RCA's a Mute Wire (used for the bypass) and a Blue Remote AMP turn on wire, white connector into F Series. the rest of the wires...speakers, power, etc are in the other harness with black connector.

i just installed my F90 yesterday. and have never seen the harness for the F700 but i believe the pink VSS wire is not in that black connector harness....take a look.

The F700 as far as i have read DOES NOT SUPPORT VSS. the 900 and 90 do. even if u added the wire to the harness, it would just not work.

sorry for the confusion but i have the 900 and was wondering if i need to hook that wire up did you, i was jus asking about the 700 cuz my dad had purchased yet to install it and jus seen in the book that you didnt have to install it in that unit and was wondering why if they both have gps but i have the 900

sorry for the confusion but i have the 900 and was wondering if i need to hook that wire up did you, i was jus asking about the 700 cuz my dad had purchased yet to install it and jus seen in the book that you didnt have to install it in that unit and was wondering why if they both have gps but i have the 900

Hooking up VSS wire should, theoretically, give you better navigation in tunnels where AVIC can not get GPS signal, but still can try to determine your location using vehicles speed (from the wire) and direction (from the built-in gyro) to extrapolate from last known position.

It's not really necessary to hook it up, but might as well do it while you're there.

F700 does not have the wire because it is a lower-end model.

• 4 months later...