AVIC411.com

MAP HACK/MOD REQUEST: favorites button

i'm been messing with my navigatemaps file all night i've been trying to set a "favorites" button on the bottom right directly above the ipod album picture... i keep messing it up I can't make a good bit image and figure out the correct coding... if somebody could help me or guide me in the right direction i'm interested and willing to learn coding and also need help with picture editing software please and thankyou!

Here is the code I have in my navigatemap_800_480.ui file for this. Put it somewhere in the section.

I have mine on the left hand side of the screen so you will need to set x=720 to get it below the other buttons on the right and then mess with the y value to get the height you want.

I have added the bmp button I use although credit must go to another user for this as I found it in another post.

icon_fav3.bmp.zip

Here is the code I have in my navigatemap_800_480.ui file for this. Put it somewhere in the section.

I have mine on the left hand side of the screen so you will need to set x=720 to get it below the other buttons on the right and then mess with the y value to get the height you want.

I have added the bmp button I use although credit must go to another user for this as I found it in another post.

hey thanks a lot buddy can you explain to me the coding behind this and further more the x and y axis numbers and how exactly you know what numbers to use in regards to the actual location they will apear on a nav unit?

hey thanks a lot buddy can you explain to me the coding behind this and further more the x and y axis numbers and how exactly you know what numbers to use in regards to the actual location they will apear on a nav unit?

To dissect this particular piece of code...

Angle brackets are used to enclose all elements in the UI script file.

BUTTON <- obviously :) displays a button somewhere on the screen.

btn_Favorite -- just the name for this button so you can refer to it later.

bmp="..." Name of the picture that should show in the button.

x, y -- coordinates, with 0,0 being top left corner. NOTE: coordinates are relative to the LAYER in which the element is defined, not the screen. However, most layers are defined without the coordinates, defaulting them to screen size, going from 0,0 in top left corner to 800,480 for bottom-right.

onrelese='...' -- the action you want to happen when button is clicked. In this case it will run a script named sc_FindFavorite.

visiblemodel= "..." -- when the button should and should not be visible. In this case, it is visible only if you do not have a route calculated.

USE_SEPARATED_SAFETY_MODE -- whether the button would be enabled or disabled when you are in motion. Rather moot if you have applied the bypass.

wow well that broke it down really well! geez thanks that makes sense for all the coding crap lol... so now that I some what understand it is the first favorite spelled wrong with "favourite" ???? also so the top left corner is 0-0 and the bottom right 800-480 so is it kind of a guessing game till you get the right cordinates?

I would prefer to call it 'educated' guesswork :)

You want to place something in a particular position: see what other icon/button/info is near there, look up its coordinates in the relevant ui folder (mostly ui_pioneer/800_480/ui_navigatemap) to give you an idea, and away you go.

Do it a few times, and you'll see what I mean about 'educated' guesswork.........

Happy guessing :wink:

I would prefer to call it 'educated' guesswork :)

You want to place something in a particular position: see what other icon/button/info is near there, look up its coordinates in the relevant ui folder (mostly ui_pioneer/800_480/ui_navigatemap) to give you an idea, and away you go.

Do it a few times, and you'll see what I mean about 'educated' guesswork.........

Happy guessing :wink:

gotcha thanks for info I need all basic help i can get yeah i tried to do that it didn't work

also before that code I tried didn't work I copied the image file over and I used the code is favorite spelled wrong maybe thats why it never showed up?