AVIC411.com

Ok Im new just got my F700BT and its driving me nuts. Im intalling it in a 98 Honda Accord. I took the mute wire and moved it to the 4th spot over between the to blacks. I then connected that wire, green parking brake wire, and the black ground wire and connected all three to the black ground on the honda wiring harness. What have I done wrong. When I turn the head unit on it wont let me do anything but push settings and menu.

Also in the install manual, it says that the back ground FROM the Avic should have its own ground... to a car chassis or something.

im not sure if thats necessary but its better to do what the install manual says anyways.

Common ground is fine, ground = ground in a car, it's all the same.

Just verify that your black ground connection really is connected to car ground, use a meter to verify if you're unsure.

So, I connected the parking brake wire to the ground, to by-pass the brake brake lock out. When I first start driving it gives me the Lawyer screen, and then "wrong parking brake conneciton" screen. But, I can press OK and it goes to GPS.

Is that what everyone else is getting?

So, I connected the parking brake wire to the ground, to by-pass the brake brake lock out. When I first start driving it gives me the Lawyer screen, and then "wrong parking brake conneciton" screen. But, I can press OK and it goes to GPS.

No.

You damaged the pin on the mute wire when you moved it to the bypass location and it is not making good contact. You are not alone in that. Many have posted the same problem here. Most refuse to believe that this is the problem at first, but finally give in and re-check and verify it.

No.

You damaged the pin on the mute wire when you moved it to the bypass location and it is not making good contact. You are not alone in that. Many have posted the same problem here. Most refuse to believe that this is the problem at first, but finally give in and re-check and verify it.

I never moved the mute pin. I took the parking brake cable and connected it to ground, as if the parking brake was on.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to up a old thread but I figured I would ask here instead of starting a new thread. If you ONLY ground the Parking brake wire and get the "parking brake wire not connected right" screen, once you press OK will it appear again or is it a one time screen?

It will constantly bug you about it

So after I get the warning once and press OK it will keep doing it the whole time I drive or just any time I restart the system? I have mine installed in one of my cars that is off the road right now so i can't test it. I have installed multiple 700bt and 900bt units in customer cars with the parking brake grounded and have always seen the warning come up but never drove their vehicle's long enough to see if it continue's to pop the warning up on the screen.

It will constantly bug you about it

So after I get the warning once and press OK it will keep doing it the whole time I drive or just any time I restart the system? I have mine installed in one of my cars that is off the road right now so i can't test it. I have installed multiple 700bt and 900bt units in customer cars with the parking brake grounded and have always seen the warning come up but never drove their vehicle's long enough to see if it continue's to pop the warning up on the screen.

I don't recall 100% but it even might bug you again if you stop, and then go above the cut-off speed (~10MPH) again.

Just complete the bypass properly...