AVIC411.com

Phone Book edit software

I was having the same problem a lot of users were having with uploading the phone book and getting the voice dial to work properly. My brother is a software developer so he whipped me up a little program.

Click here to download it -> http://www.exovis.com/downloads/avicedit/

To use it, press the open file icon, browse to the PhoneBookxxxxxxxxx.db file, enter the name, the phone number in the 1234567890 format and use a p for a pause with no spaces (handy when dialing voicemail add a p then your password then # depending on your carrier), select the type from the drop down menu, then hit enter. You can change the order the contact appears on the stereo by pressing the up or down arrow, and can delete a contact by selecting the line and pressing the X button. Press save and wala! An easy way to edit you phonebook without knowing how to use any .db editing software.

Click this link for an explanation of how to get the file from and back to your stereo ->http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19186&highlight=upload+contacts+mobile

post-30028-12872757365799_thumb.jpg

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's best not to import as the format may be wrong. My contacts would not work in voice dial because of the format problem when it imported my phone book from my HTC. This way you can start fresh and only put in the contacts you want. Also they will show up correctly in the contacts screen and voice dial will work perfectly.

This sounded great, but when I download and try to open the application it says "There is no default application specified to open the document "AVICPhoneBookEditor.application". Any thoughts, I really need this. Have tried the sql lite with no luck.

Thanks!

You need the latest .net framewoork from Microsoft

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=0856eacb-4362-4b0d-8edd-aab15c5e04f5&displaylang=en

Is this for PC's only? I have a mac and I tried downloading the link for microsoft.net and it just looked this...

"‡Ä|‡∆Ä|W≥Ä|cLÅ|ìÉ|PîÉ|ÊÖ|∑+Ç|;)Ç|bÇ|LÅ|«'Ç|)«Ä|/˛Ä|Ç

PC only, sorry.

Your a lifesaver this worked flawlessly i finally dont have to say the number and just say the name. How do you get it to not say General after i VC the name though. Should i set them all as None or all to mobile or what..

I noticed a glitch in the software. Sometimes when you hit enter after adding a contact, the drop down defaults to (None). If you want to set the contact to (Mobile), open your contacts and look at them, if they show (None) on the drop down, select (Home) or (Work) then select (Mobile).

I'm pretty sure this will cure your problem.

Can I add contacts and numbers to this list?

The reason I ask is because my F90 does not grab all of the contacts out of my LG VU (CU920). I was able to sucessfully edit them with the SQ Lite program but I do not really know how to use it other than changing the current entries around; i.e. Name, number, phone type.

Thanx for the help!

Bud