• 1 month later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

As I had the some problem on my Win 7 x64 I use this method:

http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=25308&hilit=phonebook

I updated it a little for french letters and for the method to select only one part of contact according one categorie. You can find my update version with tutorial here :

Export your outlook contact to AVIC- French version + TUTO [For the moment only in french but if you are interested in it I could prepare one in english]

• 2 months later...

I still use this excellent utility, my old tilt and now tilt 2 aways syncs my contacts with last name first. The util works great but a couple of minor changes would make it so much faster to use. Any chance to get it updated? Once I correct all the names to be first name last name, reordering everything is quite tedious I have about 300 numbers in my phone book to correct and organize.

1. an auto-sort re-number feature to re-sort and renumber the contacts rather than moving them up/down.

2. In aditon or alternately drag and drop a contact row(s) rather than clicking to move it up or down in order.

All that mouse clicling is driving me nuts!

Thanks to the author for providing this for our use!

ZBB

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
I'm a .NET developer and wouldn't mind extending some the features of this program. Any chance of either open sourcing the program, or if not, could I at least get a copy of the source?

Failing that, would you be divulge some info, such as, is this just a SQL Lite DB?

Thanks!

It is a standard SQLite file, so pretty easy to figure out...

I'm a .NET developer and wouldn't mind extending some the features of this program. Any chance of either open sourcing the program, or if not, could I at least get a copy of the source?

Failing that, would you be divulge some info, such as, is this just a SQL Lite DB?

Thanks!

It is a standard SQLite file, so pretty easy to figure out...

and yu could have a look at http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=25308&hilit=phonebook

8)

weo

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Without the avicedit software it is still possible to roll your own with a minimum of hassle. You could use the Outlook based method, or you can use FireFox with the SQLite Manager addon.

Here is a way to start from scratch:

1. [*:414e90zo]open the addon, and create a new database
    [*:414e90zo]go to the "execute SQL" panel, and enter following SQL
CREATE TABLE phonebook
 (ID           INTEGER PRIMARY KEY,
  chShowName   TEXT,
  chPhoneCode  TEXT,
  dwType       INTEGER
);

[*:414e90zo]next you enter the relevant information in the newly created table via the "browse & search" tab.
Leave the ID blank, Name and PhoneCode speak for themselves
for dwType: 0=generic, 1=Home, 2=Business, 3=Mobile
[*:414e90zo]save and close
[*:414e90zo]rename the database to the appropriate name (with the Bluetooth identifier) and copy to your AVIC.

The same scenario applies for editing the AVIC phonebook. In that case, do not create a new DB, but rather go and fetch the copy from your AVIC.

Bear in mind the AVIC does not do any sorting. It simply displays the entries in exactly the same order as they appear in the DB. Also it is not a problem to have "holes" in the ID numbering, so simply deleting rows in the DB works out just fine.

That said, I prefer the Outlook based approach :mrgreen:

have fun

Weo

• 4 months later...