AVIC411.com

just purchased, few questions about install

i just purchased a refurb unit F700BT that comes with all accessories that pioneer would put in a new unit

but im wondering if i need to get anything else to install

car im installing it in is a mazda cx-7, i know scosche makes a double din for my car so i'll be getting that as well

does this deck have the steering wheel control adapter built in (does any deck?) or do i also need to get that adapter

any additional wiring/cables

thanks for your help in advance!!

Hi! I ordered my F700BT last week and will be installing when it arrives tomorrow :D You will need the installation scosche trim piece, as you mentioned....plus:

Wiring harness specific to your Mazda to connect the F700 with your OEM wires.

Steering wheel control is a separate unit I believe. Google 'PAC audio adapters' and search for your application. Pioneer might make one specific for this purpose, but I know PAC makes nice products for these applications.

Bluetooth is built-in. Nice feature, it's an extra cost of up to $200 for other branded double dins.

If you have an iPod you'll need the iPod cable to connect to your F700.

I'm new to this forum but everyone seems very helpful 8) Good luck with your install....I can't wait til tomorrow!!!

If you have an iPod you'll need the iPod cable to connect to your F700.

Not just any old ipod connecter will work, it needs to be the pioneer version with audio and video jacks.

...or the Apple version, which is generally regarded to be of higher quality. I think it's called the Apple composite A/V kit - the one with the ipod connector on one end and RCAs plus USB on the other. There's also a cheaper Rocketfish cable (available at Best Buy) which has been reported to work fine.