AVIC411.com

Goodby --- hello Kenwood

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I completely empathize with you. I HATE my 900Bt. It froze for about 5 whole minutes after a phone call.

And now I cannot get the time to set properly. Ever since Daylight Savings it refuses to set properly. The weird thing is that the clock works fine if I set it, then go to map. As soon as I go to a tuner it kicks back an hour.

I loathe this piece of crap. And to think its worth half now from when I bought it. I know its risky to be an early adopter, but this is the worst I have ever been burnt. I think I am gonna go to Kenwood also, it just sucks its gonna cost me so much more now.

Unless Kenwood has made some major updates to the user interface of their units you may want to go play with one in a store to see how difficult it is to use. I've tried 2 of their high end stereos and ended up getting rid of them out of frustration with the user interface. I found them impossible to use and navigate through but this may be different on their Navi units.

Go away! Go read some books!

Yeah, maybe this should be published. It'd be a best seller :roll:

search-button-for-dummies.jpg

Unless Kenwood has made some major updates to the user interface of their units you may want to go play with one in a store to see how difficult it is to use. I've tried 2 of their high end stereos and ended up getting rid of them out of frustration with the user interface. I found them impossible to use and navigate through but this may be different on their Navi units.

Agreed. But from watching video reviews of the 8120, it looks very user friendly, I don't think they're going to stray too far away from that with the 9140

I agree with you here. I will never again buy something so expensive without spending a good deal of time actually using it in the store. Having said that I *did* play with the F700BT before I bought my F900BT, but there was no working GPS or XM or iPod so what I could do was limited. Still, I should have worked with it more.

There is a "learning curve" on the Kenwoods, but generally the owners I've known are happy with them. Bluetooth can be hit or miss on pretty much all decks. Go into the store, and verify your particular phone works.

Of course, there is no dedicated forum on them, which can be a disadvantage.

Go away! Go read some books!

Yeah, maybe this should be published. It'd be a best seller :roll:

search-button-for-dummies.jpg

Agreed. But from watching video reviews of the 8120, it looks very user friendly, I don't think they're going to stray too far away from that with the 9140

THAT was a good one!

I agree that made no sense at all. I have the F900 in my F-150 and a comparable Kenwood unit in a company van. I like both, but I prefer the F900, I've never had any issues with it, none! I have XM, 5th Gen iPod, use the SD card for audiobooks and connect to BT with a 3G iPhone flawlessly. To ME, the Pioneer is easier to use and only slightly slower to boot. It's also much more functional.