AVIC411.com

Goodby --- hello Kenwood

Is there any down side to making these memory allocation changes? It seems that when this unit is modded to make something better, something else gets worse :lol:

.. You're telling me! Lately my F90BT has been booting up with an active route! I have to go in and delete the route. No, I didn't have an active route the last time I used it. It is just a random glitch I guess.

This morning I had a route that I do not recall entering in. If this happens again I guess it may be a problem.

What mods do you have? I have the mods that make the clock bigger and add the other stuff to the map screen (current speed, mute voice guidance, etc.) but since I installed them it seems that the unit is not quite what it was. The clock is the only one I really need although I do like the other ones.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forgive me for not being sure as I'm still a newbie with this unit, but is the SLA the same setting that equalizes the volumes of the different sources? I could see the behavior you descibe as the unit tries to bump up the volume not sensing a signal. I had loud distored noise in general before I turned down the beep volume - what is that set to?

That's odd that you would have this problem from day one , again with another AVIC, and yet many people do not have the problem. After reading your post it does seem to point to the head unit.

It's ok I have to look it up in the manual myself. SLA, stand for Source Level Adjustment, which is like a gain of sorts on a amp but this is for your source connected to the headunit. I have on all my source the SLA set to -4 db. Which makes it sound better on my system but you will have to play with yours to get the best possible sound in your car.

This morning I had a route that I do not recall entering in. If this happens again I guess it may be a problem.

What mods do you have? I have the mods that make the clock bigger and add the other stuff to the map screen (current speed, mute voice guidance, etc.) but since I installed them it seems that the unit is not quite what it was. The clock is the only one I really need although I do like the other ones.

I have the software bypass, route stop button added to the map and deleted European maps.. I think that's all.

I'm really happy with it aside from a couple minor annoyances. It is plenty fast for me. I still want to try changing the memory allocation.

I guess i must be one of the very very few who have little complaint. I have a f500bt , I have a 16 gb sd card and the unit is Not installed in my ford focus 2009. Everything works wonderfull from video to ipod to my lg voyager phone. I am sure the voice command could be much better at times but apart from that no complaints at all. I live in ontario Canada

This same thing happens to me! Every few weeks, I leave to work, and the damned thing tells me to make a random turn. I have no idea where its trying to take me, but I have to delete the route that I never entered! My only mod is that I deleted the beep sound files.

maybe you should make those turns or go down that route....perhaps its your destiny to go that way!

hahaha :lol:

I am with Andy. I have a 90bt, been installed almost a week, not hacked yet, but I have no problems with anything. Startup time is manageable, 20 seconds at most...all components work as described (XM, iPod so far). Nav works great, no lock ups, no weird glitches, etc. After reading some things on here I was really worried, so far so good.

I agree that made no sense at all. I have the F900 in my F-150 and a comparable Kenwood unit in a company van. I like both, but I prefer the F900, I've never had any issues with it, none! I have XM, 5th Gen iPod, use the SD card for audiobooks and connect to BT with a 3G iPhone flawlessly. To ME, the Pioneer is easier to use and only slightly slower to boot. It's also much more functional.

I bought mine off eBay and had a local pro install mine - he sells Kenwoods and tried to talk me out of the F90BT. He later admitted how impressed he was with the F90BT.