AVIC411.com

I have hooked it up to my dimming light wire in my vehicle. I have the Navigation seting for the map on auto, but when I turn on the lights, the map doesn't go into night map mode. It goes to night map mode at exactly 7 PM. I goes into day mode at 7 AM, but nt when the lights are off. I am installing this in a 2007 Nissan Maxima. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks for the answer. I find it weird that the day/night mode is controlled by time instead of it switching when the headlights turn on. I guess Pioneer engineers didn't think of that. Could there be a possibility of this being changes in the program that runs the AVIC?

I'm actually quite pleased with this manner of night mode switching.

More and more countries obligate drivers to have their dimlights turned on during the day. Some European manufacturers came up with adapted day light lamps (Audi in LED form). These changes in modern cars and regulations make it difficult to switch to the correct settings.

So I'dd say: thumbs up! 8)

It's a matter of design and it matters to me. Why have day/night mode that changes at certain times instead of changing when you turn on your headlights (in certain areas there really isn't "night time" until 10 PM during summer hours and "night time" starts as early as 3 PM in winter)? You don't want a display to be as bright as daylight at night and same goes for a darker display during the day, this is all for safety reasons especially at night. My vehicle has daytime running headlights and what I'm talking about is when you either switch/turn the headlights on or they automatically come on (if set on auto turn on). You can only dim your instrument cluster when the headlights are turned on (this means headlights and all the other lights that are on in a vehicle when driving at night - night time driving lights), so if your headlights are on during the day, these are daytime running lights.

... in your specific car.

Personally I found this logical, and the times change together with the rise and sunset time calendar.

I agree: it would even be better if it BESIDES that could be controlled by the car's light intensity sensor over CANBUS

It's a matter of design and it matters to me. Why have day/night mode that changes at certain times instead of changing when you turn on your headlights (in certain areas there really isn't "night time" until 10 PM during summer hours and "night time" starts as early as 3 PM in winter)? You don't want a display to be as bright as daylight at night and same goes for a darker display during the day, this is all for safety reasons especially at night. My vehicle has daytime running headlights and what I'm talking about is when you either switch/turn the headlights on or they automatically come on (if set on auto turn on). You can only dim your instrument cluster when the headlights are turned on (this means headlights and all the other lights that are on in a vehicle when driving at night - night time driving lights), so if your headlights are on during the day, these are daytime running lights.

Switch to day/time mode is handled by time _and_ locatiuon.

Brightness can be adjusted separately for when headlights are on and off.