AVIC411.com

I am not in front of my Z1 right now so please bear with me...

The installer that put it in my car did not hookup the illumination wire. When I am driving around at night it is VERY bright. What are my options?

1) find the wire and have it done right
2) be able to manually switch day/night?
3) ?

I tried #2, i put the Day/Night button on my Quick list and when i press it, nothing happens. Ideas?
I am assuming you paid him to install it correctly. Take it back and have him do it right

[quote name="Agro"]I am not in front of my Z1 right now so please bear with me...

The installer that put it in my car did not hookup the illumination wire. When I am driving around at night it is VERY bright. What are my options?

1) find the wire and have it done right
2) be able to manually switch day/night?
3) ?

I tried #2, i put the Day/Night button on my Quick list and when i press it, nothing happens. Ideas?[/quote]
You would think that the installer would check this before giving it back to you.

Not sure what kind of car you have, but I did run into this problem installing my Z1 myself. I did use the illumination wire that was running to the factory head unit and it did not work. I'm sure someone more savvy in this subject could explain why, but I had to tap into the wire directly behind the headlight switch.

I have a 2004 Chevy 2500HD Duramax, w/ auto headlights

Check out this forum, it was what I had to do.
[url=http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1964&highlight=silverado]http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php? ... =silverado[/url]
I had a similar problem. My installer didn't hook up the ILL wire either. He gave me the "It could fry the unit, that's why we don't hook them up on any of the installs we do." Before I left the lot, I had them hook it up. Works fine. I don't mind the daytime light at night though. No big deal.

They also didn't hookup the VSS wire, because its too hard to find sometimes. I took it back after I noticed I wasn't getting any speed pulse, and thus no 3D hybrid mode. Which leads me to my next question: Is it awkkward to get a speed pulse rating of 1350664? Maybe I'm not understanding this fully.

I read on a different thread that people were getting very small ratings around 50s-100s.

Thanks,
Chris
[quote name="maynard1ab"]I had a similar problem. My installer didn't hook up the ILL wire either. He gave me the "It could fry the unit, that's why we don't hook them up on any of the installs we do." Before I left the lot, I had them hook it up. Works fine. I don't mind the daytime light at night though. No big deal.

They also didn't hookup the VSS wire, because its too hard to find sometimes. I took it back after I noticed I wasn't getting any speed pulse, and thus no 3D hybrid mode. Which leads me to my next question: Is it awkkward to get a speed pulse rating of 1350664? Maybe I'm not understanding this fully.

I read on a different thread that people were getting very small ratings around 50s-100s.

Thanks,
Chris[/quote]

Is that the pulse count? If it is that's normal. I believe it will get to about 10 million then go back to zero and keep repeating. The 50-100 will be under the connection status screen.