AVIC411.com

time not correct

is there some sort of mod that made my time not accurate?

the mods that i have done are:

linear comapass

stop nav

no more scale on navi

box in left corner not there unless route is active

and of course the software parking break hack

i go into the time settings and it says that i am in the CMT (centeral time zone), and it will always say that it is an hour behind. When i manually change the time, it is fine until i turn the car off and on, and then it goes back to being an hour slow.

btw, thats to everyone who has has figured out how to modify this unit, the navi screen in kind of ugly withought it

first what is DST? standard time from the satellites? or am i on the wrong page

and what can this be fixed?, is it a normal problem b/c of the time change?

Way off. LOL

Daylight Savings Time. Set the clocks an hour ahead in the spring and an hour back in the fall.

Standard Time for the GPS satellites is Greenwhich Mean Time (GMT) aka Zulu Time aka Universal Time. Your time zone then dictates how many hours ahead or behind from GMT your current location (i.e. Time Zone) is.

As steve said, people are looking into how to fix this. This is a software issue. The change in dates for DST weren't taken into account when Pioneer made their deck (like most people just have a box to uncheck or check when it is DST)

I was using a different time zone, and I found it wasn't correct.

It would seem the gps sat's weren't updated to reflect the new change in dst date. Wow imagine that, an issue pioneer and the software makers for the unit weren't responsible for.

Gotta love it. Set it back to automatic, all is good once again.

I was using a different time zone, and I found it wasn't correct.

It would seem the gps sat's weren't updated to reflect the new change in dst date. Wow imagine that, an issue pioneer and the software makers for the unit weren't responsible for.

Gotta love it. Set it back to automatic, all is good once again.

Actually, they were. Satellites send only UTC time (Greenwich, basically) with no daylight adjustments. It is up to the client device to apply it properly...