AVIC411.com

EASY VOICE COMMAND FIX FOR IPHONES!!

I was having problems using the voice command feature due to the format of the iphone's address book.

The unit requires the format of 1112223333 for stored phone numbers.

The iphone's default is (111) 222-3333, which will not work.

The easiest way I came up with to solve the problem is as such.

If you have already transferred your phone book to the unit, the steps are as follows:

1) Clear the phone book that is currently on the F series unit.

2) On your iphone (3g is what I'm using so this was my reference), go to settings --> general --> scroll down to international --> then click on region format --> and choose australia.

This removes the brackets and the dashes. (Also, of course, make sure the contact names do not have any symbols in them, i.e. & . , etc.)

3) Connect your iphone to your F series unit via bluetooth and transfer your phone book data over.

4) Done!! Voice command should work perfectly. You can change your iphone's region back to US or Canada or you can leave it as Australia to assist in getting the proper information to display on your unit when some one calls.

I didn't have any issues with voice command using defaults. Perhaps the first name/ last name was confusing it, but that certainly had nothing to do with region layout. Granted im in usa, and I thougth europe didnt' have voice commands anyway.

Am I missing something?

Its not the "region" that's the problem, its the format of the iphone's contact numbers with the symbols in it. And most people talk about more complicated ways to get the symbols out. I just found that changing the region automatically takes out the symbols.

I think what is trying to be conveyed here is that there is a way on the iPhone to remove the symbols. So that when an incoming call is recieved via bluetooth to the unit the person that is calling (if a saved contact) their name will show up on the unit instead of 5614378537.

This person is a GENIUS! I've tried standard bluetooth passing, seql lite, and the app thats recently surfaced (but doesn't work on a mac) and all to no avail after many hours of cumulated trying. This was easy and worked perfectly the first time. Finally!!

Thank you kind sir/ma'am.

• 2 months later...