AVIC411.com

dumpystig - More mods and tidying up

Sorted out what I think is a much better route info display, more consistent with left side of screen. It's also larger so allowed a less cramped readout for each setting. And I've changed positions of several backgrounds/fonts to make them correctly aligned (while doing all my mods I've discovered Pioneer did a crap job when deciding coordinates/settings for a load of stuff).

I had the same idea of wanting to make the left hand side look consistent, I went a slightly different way and decided to slightly redesign the boxes. It also has a load of other things in it, I think I am finally done with it (apart from some tweaking here & there! lol). Here are a couple of screenshots, I'd love to know what people think.

Looks Great !!!

Off topic, but I'm having major probs with 7zip. Select a file to copy/move, Get a box saying "Error copying file. The file exists." Click the X in this box and another box appears, "Target cannot handle this type of document." Yet the Windows 'copying' box is still displayed, although there is nothing happening on the progress bar.

I've uninstalled and installed a new download but still the same thing happening.

Ideas, anyone? :?

I am really excited about either of these two mods. I really don't like having to wear my reading glasses while driving, and up until this point, the route info boxes have been basically useless to me.

I'm a little partial to dumpystig's version that doesn't have a border (isn't the font slightly larger?), but I'd love to see either of these integrated with maverickster's group of mods...

And folks, don't be afraid of putting up a "beta" version of your mods!! You might find someone willing to help! (not that I'm volunteering, mind you, but such is the nature of "open source"!) :mrgreen:

• 1 month later...

I've been away from this for a while, busy with work and family stuff, and also having my 500 'modified' by my 2year old son to the point where its now kaput - lil angel! I have just got another from ebay, only used a couple of times and mint, and a bargain too. :D

I'll be getting back into it and sorting out all my newer mods, so an updated zip is in the pipeline, but it will take me a bit of time.

Will be back with my new zip soon as it's ready.