AVIC411.com

Adding Speedcam to Mav's data.zip Help

Ok so here is the deal and i have been doing my research i just want to know if this is right. I wanna add this feature to my existing data.zip file and i found this and this is what boris said.

in SYS.TXT, find [debug] section and add a line, if it's not there:

speedcam_enabled=1

Then:

extract the file from the attachment to SD card and copy ui_pioneer folder to APL2\iGO.

You will have settingXXX.ui files (to turn speedcamera functions on and off) and placeXXX.ui files to add/edit cams manually.

So basically i am gonna take my sys.txt off my avic and add this line then copy the new sys.txt back to my avic.

Then at this thread page 3 halfway down there is a setting.rar file you can download and the question is do i take the data.zip file that is already modified to my liking and overwrite the ui_pioneer file to the data.zip then put that back on my avic. viewtopic.php?f=34&t=19523&hilit=speedcam&start=30

And the obvioulsy do this Copy the two safety cam database files - "Red_Light_Camera_us.txt", and "Speed_Trap.txt" to: MyFlashDrive\APL2\IGO\Content\SpeedCam

So the question i have is should this work adding all this to my existing data.zip that is mavs....

Ok so here is the deal and i have been doing my research i just want to know if this is right. I wanna add this feature to my existing data.zip file and i found this and this is what boris said.

in SYS.TXT, find [debug] section and add a line, if it's not there:

speedcam_enabled=1

Then:

extract the file from the attachment to SD card and copy ui_pioneer folder to APL2\iGO.

You will have settingXXX.ui files (to turn speedcamera functions on and off) and placeXXX.ui files to add/edit cams manually.

So basically i am gonna take my sys.txt off my avic and add this line then copy the new sys.txt back to my avic.

Then at this thread page 3 halfway down there is a setting.rar file you can download and the question is do i take the data.zip file that is already modified to my liking and overwrite the ui_pioneer file to the data.zip then put that back on my avic. http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php? ... m&start=30

And the obvioulsy do this Copy the two safety cam database files - "Red_Light_Camera_us.txt", and "Speed_Trap.txt" to: MyFlashDrive\APL2\IGO\Content\SpeedCam

So the question i have is should this work adding all this to my existing data.zip that is mavs....

I haven't seen what's in Mav's file, but if he did not change these particular files, you can safely add mine to the ZIP. If her did, you need to run a compare on them and figure out what needs to be merged in...

You could try just adding a ui_pioneer folder in APL2\IGO with my files and see if everything works first...

So boris worst case i copy your ui_pioneer file over mavs one what would happen if i get you a copy of mavs ui_pioneer file can you compare yours and fix it accordinly...

I guess I could, but not before next week...

worst case what would would happen if i just used your ui_pioneer file and saved my old one and restarted the avic. what do you think it would do or not do.... maybe i will try it today. Kevin

Again... the easiest test:

on the SD Card you use to move files around, create a folder ui_pioneer. Inside, 800_480 and common subfolders. Copy my scripts into them appropriately.

Copy the entire ui_pioneer into APL2\IGO on the AVIC.

If it works after you reboot, all is good. If it does not, go to test mode again and delete the ui_pioneer folder...