AVIC411.com

For those with unresponsive key presses

Hi all

I have installed the F700BT and have found that at certain times there is no response from some keys on the touch screen - other times the unit works normally. Now for me there seems to be a certain action that I do that makes the unit go into non functioning key press mode. That action is the use of the manual volume knob to raise or lower the volume. I have the steering wheel controls hooked up by a PACS system and the volume control on that does not cause the same problem. Heres how it goes:

Boot up the unit and the touch screen works fine. Adjust volume via PACS still no issue. Adjust volume via volume knob and touch screen stops working (intermittently). Return to MENU via button and then touch screen is working again. REPEAT to INFINITUM !!!!!!!

So anyone with an intermittent non functioning touch screen can you try this on yours to see if there is a common issue here. Perhaps one of the master modders/hackers on this forum could then have a wild guess as to whats going on........

Many thanks

Andy

I'm experiencing the exact same problem. Everything works properly unless I adjust the volume with the volume knob. The touch screen then becomes unresponsive. If I push the "Menu" button to go back to the main menu, the touch screen then responds normally.

The only unique aspects of my install so far:

• I have a PESWIPS plugged into the Remote port in the back of the head unit, but i have not finished wiring up the steering wheel controls.

• I have grounded the unit using the ground wire from the original wiring harness instead of going directly to the chassis.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

FYI - I unplugged my PESWIPS and the problem went away. I can adjust the volume and continue to use the touch screen.

I'm hoping it was just because I didn't have it hooked up all the way yet. I'm going to try hooking it up his weekend and I'll report back.

I have a similar problem. I turn on the unit and its normal, but as soon as I dont press any buttons for a few secconds its like the touch screen function turns off because it does not respond at all. I end up having to press a real physical button like menu or map. Its quite annoying and i dont have an idea how to fix this issue :x Please help.