AVIC411.com

Has anyone else experienced a noise, almost like electrical interference when listening to the ipod source? I had this issue in my previous car due to the charge cable being in line with the signal cable ... i searched and saw a similar problem with the D3( viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6657 ), but I'm wondering if anyone else with the F series is having this issue as well?? Any workarounds or fixes that people have found??

I tried two cables myself (two different Pioneer cables) and noticed that the 2nd one had worse noise than the first. I found that all my noise was from the video connection. When I pulled apart the yellow RCA, everything sounded fine.

I've read that you can add a ground to an RCA but I can't picture how to do it.... I think that would at least solve my problem, and maybe yours. Have you tried seeing if it's the video connection causing the noise?

I tried two cables myself (two different Pioneer cables) and noticed that the 2nd one had worse noise than the first. I found that all my noise was from the video connection. When I pulled apart the yellow RCA, everything sounded fine.

I've read that you can add a ground to an RCA but I can't picture how to do it.... I think that would at least solve my problem, and maybe yours. Have you tried seeing if it's the video connection causing the noise?

I am going to try this now. I am also going to look at where my power cables are running, if they are touching/near my signal cables from my ipod i'm going to try to seperate them as much as possible.

When you pulled apart the yellow RCA, did you leave it connected still?? I ask because i do use my video from ipod on occasion and would like to keep that functionality along with getting rid of this interference .... well time for some trial and error, i will post results!!

Well, after ripping the entire thing out and reorganizing the wiring (I had it prof installed ... pfft some professionals, that wiring was an absolute clust-FK) I plugged everything in and I got no interference or noise. My video cable is still connected and everything is functional, i guess my wires must have just been right next to a power line or crimped somewhere. Either way, it is clean now =)

So in short, if your getting noise etc, try organizing your wiring a bit better and try keeping the power lines away from the signal lines whenever possible.

I had this smae problem and diconected the video source of the ipod cable since you guys said this mught fix the problem. It's been 4 days now and I haven´t had any issues anymore so I con confirm that the video part of the cable is causing the prblem. It could be a good idea to ground it to see if it is just a bad ground on that part of the cable but since I don´t watch videos in the car through my ipod I´m pleased that the horrible noise/fading problem is resolved.

I have noticed that if my ipod backlight setting is set to always on, I get interference noise between tracks. Also when FF through videos from the ipod. The sound is like a high pitched squeal. It isn't very loud, but annoying. I found that if set the ipod back light to off, I don't get the noise. Baffled me at first because I had the same problem with 2 different ipods and 2 different ipod cables. I am using a 5th gen video ipod.