AVIC411.com

License Question

I have got the 3d buildings files and a new license the worldwide one and also the one from the ir.zip file but the question i have is should i take the factory pioneer one out. I still can not get more than like 8 buildings to show up on the realviewv6 scheme on my avic 900 any help would be awesome.. Kevin

I have got the 3d buildings files and a new license the worldwide one and also the one from the ir.zip file but the question i have is should i take the factory pioneer one out. I still can not get more than like 8 buildings to show up on the realviewv6 scheme on my avic 900 any help would be awesome.. Kevin

You can leave Pioneer's license file where it is. I kept mine.

Can you get buildings to show if you search for a location known to actually have buildings (not just a few landmarks)?

no i can not get any to show up there are like 8 buildings like in previous posts i have said in Seattle but there are so many high rises down there and none of them show up i have the hacked ezrider.exe and license from the ir.zip and i guess that is the best one to have... hmmmm not sure what else to do i go down to seattle all the time and would be cool to see all the buildings on the nav you know... Kevin

no i can not get any to show up there are like 8 buildings like in previous posts i have said in Seattle but there are so many high rises down there and none of them show up i have the hacked ezrider.exe and license from the ir.zip and i guess that is the best one to have... hmmmm not sure what else to do i go down to seattle all the time and would be cool to see all the buildings on the nav you know... Kevin

Obvious question... Do you have the actual .3DC files and _enable_buildings=1 ?

I am 99 percent it is in there but i will look here in a bit. 3dc and 3dl you can have both right and as for the sys.txt file that enables them i am 99 percent on that too i will get back to you. Kevin

You should have both. 3DL files contain only landmarks (which probably would be those 8 buildings you see). They are quite textured, with facade materials, glass, and all. 3DC files have models of more run of the mill buildings, with more basic outlines and less texturing...

PS. Just checked what should be visible. If you map out the intersection of University and 3rd Ave., if you only are seeing one (rather fancy) tower, you are only seeing landmarks... With buildings, there's something on every block in that area.